October 6 University
University description (as per official university website)
O6U International Outreach
O6U University managed to develop a coherent strategy to promote the university at the international level and to promote its profile and competitiveness.
The O6U newly devised International Strategies Office with its broad portfolio which includes-inter-alia-university approach to:
· International students recruitment and ensuring their integration with relevant support services.
· International education experience for all students.
· International collaboration (research and education).
· Agreements and exchange programs with other universities and academic institutions.
· Development projects and other international opportunities and initiatives for students, faculty and staff including university fairs and travelling abroad to support raise the profile and international awareness of O6U, and encourage application to the university by qualified students from around the world.
· Pursuit of international start-of-term orientation sessions to help students familiarize themselves with O6U academic and administrative systems and services through meeting university representatives from various services and departments.
To serve the objectives of that portfolio O6U works closely with an increasing number of collaborative partners both at home and abroad to list a few below:
International collaborative partners:
· Suratthani Rajabhat University-Thailand
· Bansomdejshaopraya Rajabhat University-Thailand
· Chiang Mai Rajabhat University-Thailand
· Winona State University-USA
· The University of Montana - USA
· Andrzeja Frycza Modrzewskiego Krakow University-Poland
· University of British Columbia-Canada
· University of Limoges - France
· Vaxjo University-Sweden
· Kodolanyi Janos University For Applied Sciences – Hungary.
· Gulf University-Kingdom of Bahrain
Egyptian collaborative partners:
· Cairo University
· Ein Shams University
· Alexandria University
· Ahram Canadian University
· Zagazig University
· Menia University.
The October 6 University is the first private university in the republic of Egypt established by the presidential decree number 243 in 1996. It joined the union of Arabic Universities since 1997. The University includes fourteen Faculties, University Hospital, and two hotels for male and female students. It has also established a center for quality assurance and accreditation having units in all the faculties, to enhance and disseminate quality culture. The University comprises a modern library, equipped with state of the art audio/visual technology, a large collection of books and references, spacious conference and reading halls, and connected through the internet to several electronic library networks. Additionally, the university has established a center of excellence for training and human development to enhance and transfer practical expertise in all production sectors.
The University campus consists of four educational buildings, hospital, gardens and playgrounds, as shown in the following figure. The total area of the campus amounts to 170,000 square meters. The total number of students in the university is about 14,085 from 48 different nationalities which represent about 41% of the total number of students.