Misr International University
University description (as per official university website)
Misr International University in Cairo (MIU) was established in accordance with the presidential decree no. 246 of the year 1996 with the purpose of developing an academic institution that would directly and honestly address the practical realities of the 21st century.
MIU aims to be a unique national and international scholar model providing a reliable socio-academic environment that graduates lifelong learners, professional practitioners, and leaders with an entrepreneurial spirit who will serve and promote the values of scientific research and community service.
MIU is committed to promoting and sustaining academic and research programs that integrate instruction, research and community service. It endeavors to prepare students to assume positions of leadership in the various professions, effectively contributing to the social, cultural and technological development of the nation.
On the international front, MIU aims to expand ties with different reputable universities around the world to diversify its programs and prepare graduates who are internationally competent to meet the needs of all labor markets.
1. Provide education which aims at developing studentsí ethical values, creative, analytical and initiative skills.
2. Provide students with the knowledge and understanding of the basic functional areas of various professions
3. Offer students an active learning environment to support them in their pursuit of knowledge.
4. Introduce innovative programs and support services that respond to the needs of a broad range of students.
5. Provide learning opportunities for students interested in pursuing postgraduate and non-degree programs both nationally and internationally.
6. Provide opportunities for students to participate in national & international activities as a means to develop their interpersonal skills & awareness of the needs of the community.
7. Provide students and alumni with academic support to ensure their satisfactory progress through their continuing education.
8. Promote students' research skills and expand the physical infrastructure supporting scientific research.
9. Integrate information technology and research for a more effective learning experience.
10. Promote services and resources that will foster and support international benchmark accomplishment.
11. Establish and strengthen linkages with international institutions to share learning resources and research outputs.
12. Promote international collaboration through strengthening existing partnerships and adding new agreements with world educational institutions.
13. Ensure faculty competence and professional development by providing training opportunities according to the latest teaching methodologies and cutting edge research.
14. Provide a productive, participatory, and rewarding work environment in which all employees contribute to MIU mission achievement.