University description (as per official university website)
The University of the East "UNIVERSE" was founded at the initiative of the Rotary Club of San Miguel, on October 30, 1981, as an alternative to higher education for the community of Eastern Zone of the country, beginning his academic work on 03 February 1982, with a population of 554 students. Born as a public utility corporation, of a secular, non-profit. Its main activity is the top-level educational services and is governed by the Higher Education Act, its Regulations and other related laws and may not intervene in religious or political activities of any kind. Its basic functions are: teaching, research and social.
Eastern University is a public benefit corporation, permanent, non-profit, empowered by the laws of the Republic of El Salvador, as an institution of higher education dedicated to academic careers in multidisciplinary studies in Science, art and techniques, supported on the following legal grounds:
a) LEGAL PERSONALITY, issued by the Ministry of Interior, through agreement No. 486, dated November 3, 1982, published in the Official Journal No. 66 of Volume 222 dated December 2, 1982.
b) AUTHORIZATION OF PERFORMANCE; granted by the Ministry of Education, by resolution No. 536, dated February 29, 1984, published in the Official Journal No. 66, volume 283, dated April 2, 1984.
c) EXISTING LAWS (Reformed), approved by the Ministry of Education, through Agreement No. 150364 dated March 15, 2006, published in the Official Journal No. 66 of Volume 371, dated April 4, 2006.
Being an institution of higher education leadership and recognition in the training of professionals nationally and internationally.
Eastern University is an institution of higher education that develops the functions of teaching, research and outreach program focused on training professionals, with human feeling and sound ethical principles can contribute to social, economic and cultural locale.
Liberty: Middle where everyone is able to self-fulfillment in all aspects of their dignity, making effective responsibility for their own lives and the society to which he belongs.
Justice: Is to give each member of the community what belongs without distinction of any kind or reason.
Truth: It is the soul of knowledge, fruit of a relationship of knowledge that is always in progress.
Respect: Feeling that indicates treat someone differently because of their age, superiority or merit. Attitude is not to go against something and respect the property of others.
Disclaimer: moral or legal obligation to comply with what has been committed. Leads to be punctual, reliable, cooperative and comply with the duties to himself and others.
· train competent professionals with strong dedication to service and sound ethical principles.
· promote research in all its forms.
· provide a social service to the community.
· cooperate in the preservation, dissemination and enr iquecimiento cultural legacy of national and universal dimension.
· the education of their students by developing in them a strong personality of intellectual, moral, scientific and high spirit of service.
· The application of knowledge through an educational process that regularly and systematically combine theory with practice.
· The strengthening of democracy, understood as equality of opportunities and ideological diversity, allowing the integration of a more just, balanced and participatory.
· The unity of educational process, relating the institutional curriculum with the objectives and purposes of the educational system, primarily with the needs, projections and development of social, economic and political development.
· Strengthening the ecological process, regional and national levels through the motivation and participation in programs designed for such purposes.