University description (as per official university website)
"Being a Higher Education Institution of the Community recognized by 2010, locally and regionally as a center of excellence in teaching in all fields of studies and professional training geared to the transformation of society and the communities where they operate."
"To promote the training of people, and providing educational excellence and social commitment."
"Excellence, Ethics, valuing human life, competence, commitment, honesty."
"Education, social care and related services."
In order to optimize the talents of its network of nearly 12,000 employees, the Management of Higher Education CNEC promoted a series of meetings with the coordinators of the courses of Directors of its 19 institutions of higher education. The result of this year's work was the harmonization of their curriculum matrices, with menus, hours and curriculum determined not by a teacher or an engineer, but by multidisciplinary teams, mostly by teachers and doctors working in IES CENEC. The second phase of this work aims at the production of common materials (handouts, texts, exercises) as well as the joint use of disciplines offered at the semi-presence.
The CNEC took care to ensure a number of hours in each course so that local demands are met, according to the vocation and the needs of the region. With that in mind, IFES has reformulated its headquarters and now with TWO LINES OF TRAINING:
Logistics and Foreign Trade
Unlike the previous proposal, the Institute merges from the start, contents of general education and further professional development of its students. Another significant difference is the use of curricular activities that complement the academic develops outside of the school, provided these are relevant to training the student's choice.
Students who opt for online training in GENERAL ADMINISTRATION will have a generalist view of business management, people and processes. The student will add expertise in finance, personnel management, marketing, operations, logistics, and foreign trade. Will also be taught content aimed at their extensive training as an individual and as a professional who is constantly seeking knowledge.
The online training in logistics and foreign trade disciplines coalesced before offered differently in the old-line training on "logistics" and "international business". Given the regional vocation, this line gives special emphasis to port logistics and the transport of cargo in addition to allow the scholar to obtain systematic knowledge in foreign exchange, export and import.
In this new century, where the unification of economic interests shapes new forms of globalized development, knowledge becomes the main ingredient of what we produce, make, buy and sell. Thus, capacity building and training to manage and control businesses that are beyond the physical borders, make each work an interconnection link in the global scene. Within this focus, Accounting Course IFES, turns to the preparation, aiming to provide professionals, enabling them to meet the challenges of the knowledge required by the multiple Areas of the Bachelor of Science in Accounting. Today, the professional accounting beyond being able to stay ahead of your own business, as owner of accounting firm, found the job market in the private sector in several areas related to controlling and managing accounting, financial, administrative and tax, among others, as well as the public sector, since, for the Union, States and Municipalities his professional presence is essential, and yet as the exclusive prerogative of the exercise profession of auditing and accounting expertise. With this focus of preparation, our curriculum includes modern disciplines that also aim to meet specific market segments of our region, particularly in the academic preparation and training to work in companies in the logistics sector, ports, construction, international trade, and enterprises tours. Strategically presented in eight semesters of learning, the course content is presented and developed purposefully chained in modern laboratories that simulate business models, under the guidance of teachers, aides, skilled and trained, which are highlighted by the experience and expertise. All this enables the academic, student of Accountancy, the perfect formation and training, and the end of the course, make sure that its insertion in the labor market is merely a consequence of choice, training and dedication to study at an institution teaching which aims to spread knowledge for success.
Being recognized as the top school in the Itajaí Valley region in planning, management, research, entrepreneurship and reference as the best course of tourism development projects, consultancy and advisory services for public and private organizations on the tourism phenomenon.
PURPOSE OF THE COURSE
To train skilled professionals and competent, with a holistic Tourism, spirit reflective, critical and innovative, contributing to the success of projects and locations.
PROFILE OF GRADUATES
Having vision generalist with solid basic training in related areas, should, however, have solid knowledge in Tourism. Being able to identify problems and develop solutions in an innovative and viable. Being an entrepreneur with creative vision and integrative capacity.
Become a reference center for training teachers for basic education and to support the development of educational projects for the different educational systems and the city of Itajaí region.
Training teachers who will work at different stages and types of basic education. Aiming to keep in line with the principles and purposes of National Education, adopting the ideals of freedom and human solidarity to guide their activities, seeking the full development of students, preparation for citizenship and qualification for teaching offering courses in their training that responds to contemporary challenges of unity and diversity of the process of basic education.
DESIRED PROFILE OF GRADUATES
At the end of the course it pursues, the professional should be able to exercise, with quality, its functions under the proposed ethics and philosophy of the institution to be cognizant of its role as organizer of the personal and social transformation, and their responsibilities for with the people they will interact.
Furthermore, it should also provide technical and pedagogical competence characterized by the theoretical knowledge and scientific research and creative ability, taste for the arts and literature, knowledge about the diverse ways of learning. It should also be able to glimpse the emotional interference affecting the different personalities of your students.
The general design determined by the institution for the Faculty of Education is offering a solid training to Licensee, with a comprehensive character education professional, aware of the reality in Brazil, a theoretical basis to aggregate technical and political competence, combined with an ethical and criticism, capable of not only transmitting knowledge, but to create and reshape the scientific knowledge as well as conducting research and join the community to enable a transformation.
Thus the Education Course of IFES, seeks to recover in line with the National Curriculum Guide for the Education Course, the figure of the educator as a teacher, understanding that it is through teaching that a teacher can have the whole vision of the school's educational process , this experience, which may qualify you to perform the duties related to management systems and educational institutions, understood as the planning, implementation, coordination, evaluation, production and dissemination of scientific-technological knowledge in the educational field, in school contexts and Non-school.
The Faculty of Education's Institute of Higher Education Cenecista Fayal had to form the pedagogue, as a professional education to serve as teachers in early childhood education and early years of elementary school, and the organization and management of systems, units, projects and educational experiences and the production and dissemination of scientific and technological field in school contexts and non-students.
Profile of the professional who intends to form
In line with the National Curriculum Guidelines for Bachelor in Education, the graduates should be able to:
- Act with ethics and commitment towards the construction of a just, equitable, egalitarian;
- Understand, care for and educate children up to five years in order to contribute to its development dimensions, among others, physical, psychological, intellectual, social;
- Strengthen the development and learning of children of primary school, as well as those who had no opportunity of schooling at the proper age;
- Work in school and non-school, in promoting the learning of subjects in different stages of human development at various levels and modalities of the educational process;
- Recognize and respect the expressions and physical, cognitive, emotional, affective relations of the students in their individual and collective;
- Teach Portuguese Language, Mathematics, Science, History, Geography, Art, Physical Education, an interdisciplinary way and tailored to different stages of human development;
- Relate the languages of media education in teaching-educational process, demonstrating the field of information and communication technologies appropriate to developing meaningful learning;
- Promote and facilitate cooperation between the educational institution, family and community;
- Identify problems with sociocultural and educational investigative approach, integrative, and proactive in the face of complex realities, in order to contribute to overcoming social exclusion, ethnic, racial, economic, cultural, religious, political and other;
- Demonstrate awareness of diversity, respecting differences of environmental-ecological, ethnic, racial, gender, generational tracks, social class, religion, disability, sexual choices, among others;
- Develop teamwork, establishing a dialogue between the education area and other areas;
- Participate in the management of institutions contributing to development, implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of the education program;
- Participate in the management of institutions by designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating projects and educational programs in school and non-school;
- Conduct research to provide knowledge, among others: about male and female students and sociocultural reality in which they develop their non-school experiences; on processes of teaching and learning in different environmental and ecological resources, and on curriculum proposals, and on organization educational work and teaching practices;
- Use, with property, construction of instruments used for scientific and pedagogical knowledge;
- Studying, critically apply curriculum guidelines and other legal requirements that it falls to deploy, execute, evaluate and forward the results of its assessment to competent authorities.
Structure of the Education Course
Structure of the Education Course
The structure of the Faculty of Education Curriculum will cover: 1 - a core of basic studies, organizers of the theory and practice, 2 - topics of study for deepening and diversification of studies, 3 - independent studies.
The Faculty of Education will have a workload of 3,200 hours of effective academic work, organized in seven (8) semesters, as follows:
- 2,800 hours devoted to training activities as assistance to classes, seminars, participation in the conduct of research, visits to libraries and documentation centers, visits to educational institutions and cultural practices of different nature activities, participation in cooperative groups of studies;
- 300 hours devoted to supervised training primarily in kindergarten and early elementary school years, also considering other specific areas, if any, as the institution's educational project;
- 100 hours of theoretical and practical activities to deepen specific areas of student interest.
Students integralizarão their studies through general academic activities comprise:
- Courses, seminars and activities which are largely theoretical - that will make the introduction and further studies on educational theories, placing the processes of learning and teaching in different historical and socio-cultural and institutional to undergraduates and to provide basis for the practice teaching, guidance and support to students, as well as management and evaluation of educational projects, institutions and public policy education;
- Practice teaching and management - that lead to graduates / undergraduates observation and monitoring, as well as participation in planning, implementation and evaluation of learning, teaching or educational projects, both in schools and other educational settings - Complementary Activities - Academic Activities that unlike Complementary Curriculum, previously mentioned, part of independent studies, they will respond, in line with the CNE / CES No. 184/06, of 10% of the total workload of the course in which the each semester will guide the planning and gradual development of the relevant work of local educational reality, linked to courses, seminars and curriculum studies and advised by professors from different disciplines of the course.
- Independent studies - includes activities that are presenting content to supplement the course structure, as attendance at lectures, study weeks, congresses, seminars with presentation of papers, tutorials, etc.., Here called the Complementary Curriculum-Academic Activity AACC.
- Supervised internship teaching and management - to be held throughout the course, classes in early childhood education and early years of primary education, literacy classrooms, tutoring groups, to ensure that graduates of professional experience that broadens and strengthen ethical attitudes, knowledge and skills, mostly in direct contact with students - children, youth or adults - and in addition to participating in the activities of management of educational processes, planning, implementation and evaluation of educational projects, and training meetings teaching.
The Course of Social Communication in Advertising is well known for preparing professionals to work in advertising agencies, especially in the area of creation. However, the performance space is much broader and requires a deeper level of knowledge. Therefore, we aim to prepare professionals with extensive understanding of man, their social and communication in its broadest forms. We will seek to train our students with a strong marketing knowledge and a solid grounding in the main tools of communication, from strategic planning to running campaigns, going through the steps of creating and producing ads. These professionals must be able to:
- Plan and develop practical activities in advertising;
- Supervise and guide the production of media in creating and producing graphic, electronic and audiovisual
- Operate in areas of consumer behavior, market research and management organizations for communication;
- Reviewing and evaluating the organization, environment and client communication product.
JOB MARKET FOR ADVERTISING
Professional Communication offers a huge range of possibilities in the national and even international levels. For their extensive training, he can act in communication agencies as well as in business, media and service providers. You will be eligible to work in the sectors of care, planning, research, creation, production and media advertising agencies and advertising or departments of advertising firms in general and in the media. Contrary to common belief, the advertising was not just made for creative people. The study and the work goes far beyond creation. Who wants to be advertising it may act, for example in areas such as:
- Attendance - which makes the connection between the advertising agency and the client to collect data that will guide a campaign,
- Media - which analyzes and selects the most appropriate means of communication to spread a product,
- Search - Obtaining data on the target audience of advertising campaigns.
- Impact assessment of the placement of the ad campaign.
- Production / creation - prepare advertisements (jingles, text, documentary and radio ads, television, newspapers, magazines, cinema and internet).
Will be able also to perform the functions of management and direction of companies and provide services as standalone or through consulting or advising of communication, given the training focused on management and creativity. Not to leave out the humanistic, considered of paramount importance in shaping the individual as a social being.
The goal is for students to explore their potential to be wide, be in winning positions in business or opening new businesses, seeing the opportunities the market offers, transforming them into new achievements.
The Graphic Design course is well known for preparing professionals to work in different positions, but especially the ability to create innovative visual communication pieces, inside or outside companies. The work space is very broad, ranging from the creation of a graphic piece to the development of car design, aircraft, packaging and a multitude of objects where the factor graph is leading to its commercialization.
Who is the graphic designer:
The graphic designer is a creator of visual communication, a professional capable of designing parts for communication, imaging and language that are effective in conveying messages and values. He is considered innovative if it is able to master the linguistic resources and unite the essential knowledge of art and the creation of graphics and digital media software. It is for the designer to associate creativity and technical knowledge production; have strong historico-cultural sensitivity in understanding the social dynamics and contexts in which it operates, and analysis capacity, especially in expressive synthesis. The modern designer is characterized by a entrepreneur who works as a team, a characteristic associated with the manager, and the IFES incorporates into its educational project.
This professional must have insight to manage the various stages of a project such as planning, coordination of activities and groups, implementation of multidisciplinary work, establish productive relationships with public and private clients.
To exert this function, it is also essential to have knowledge and technological ability. Thus, the designer should be able graph not only for architecting and designing communication tools, but also to act as art director.
Thus, it is necessary to integrate various areas, aiming to complete this professional training: new media, corporate identity, art and aesthetics, graphic design, web design in different techniques, electronic graphics, entrepreneurship, among many other areas that aimed at training both humanistic and technical designer of the future.
LABOUR MARKET for graphic design
Professional Graphic Design is able to act in several segments, including:
- Private companies large, medium and small sized businesses that use graphic design to develop, manage and produce graphic designs;
- Office design and architecture;
- Self-employed or professional person;
- Public Enterprises;
- Newspapers, magazines and publishers;
- Advertising agencies;
- Producers of video;
- Animation Studios;
- Producing HQ;
- Educational institutions;
- Creation of Consulting and Brand Management;
- Producers of digital media;
The design professional has a huge range of possibilities in the national and even international levels. For their extensive training, he can act in communication agencies as well as in business, media and service providers and graphic design studios.
You will be eligible to work in the areas of creation, web design, multimedia, planning, research, creation of comics, animation, graphics for vehicles with electronic communication arts department in the media.
Will be able also to perform the functions of management and direction of companies and provide services as standalone or through consulting or advisory services for visual communication, given the training focused on management and creativity. This, without neglecting the humanistic, considered of paramount importance in shaping the individual as a social being.