Faculdade Evangélica do Paraná
University description (as per official university website)
Being institution committed to training competent professionals with the production, dissemination and application of knowledge, embedded in society to meet their needs and desires, and according to Christian principles.
The Evangelical University of Parana began in 1969 with a single stroke, of Medicine, with its facilities next to the Evangelical Hospital.
Since the graduation of its first class in 1973, the School enjoys credibility with the company for its contribution in the health and quality of professionals.
Aiming to expand the search field and implement the Graduate Course in Principles of Surgery, created the IPEM - Institute of Medical Research which, by its actions, has become a national referral center in the area of research medical.
After thirty years of its creation, it was thought to increase the number of courses within the area of health. It was acquired a new building, not far from the former College and Hospital, which could accommodate the new demand of students.
Continuing the expansion of its physical structure, was built in 2004 a 1,600 m2 building to house the Integrated Clinics, which provide multidisciplinary care in health for the community, enabling the practical activities of students of different undergraduate courses and post- Graduation. Currently provide multidisciplinary care to patients in the areas of Physical Therapy and Psychology, as support for the courses of the Faculty.
The Integrated Clinical internships are also fields, providing conditions for students and teachers to conduct teaching, research and extension, because they are structured for teaching and laboratory activities. The appointments are made in partnership with the Evangelical Hospital in Curitiba (HUEC), the Unified Health System (SUS), Evangelical Health and private.
In 2007 he established the psychological counseling that provides care to children of school age to psychoeducational assessment.
Besides the unique stage at the Evangelical Hospital in Curitiba, students have the opportunity to improve their knowledge and act in different specific skills providing the integration between teaching and service in places such as New District Hospital, Community Medical Center New Neighborhood Center Specialties Medical New Neighborhood Health Unit within 24 hours of Long Field, units that run through the existing agreement between the City of Curitiba and SEB, and the Cooperative Witmarsum, which hosts some lessons of Veterinary Medicine.
The Gospel in the timeline ....
· 1945 - Evangelical Theological Society Charitable Foundation of Curitiba - SEB
· 1947 - Foundation of the Evangelical Hospital in Curitiba
· 1969 - Implementation of the Faculty of Medicine of Parana - start of first class medical
1973 - Graduation of first class medical
· 1993 - Hospital became the Evangelical Hospital in Curitiba - HUEC
· 1994 - It created the first course of graduate-level master's and doctorate in Principles of Surgery
Creation of IPEM - Institute of Medical Research
• 2000 - He became Evangelical University of Parana
· 2001 - Opening of new courses in Nursing, Physiotherapy and Nutrition
· 2002 - Opening of Theology course
· 2003 - Opening of the Psychology course
· 2004 - Construction of Physical Therapy Clinic, now called Integrated Clinical
· 2004 - Recognition of courses in Physiotherapy, Nursing, Nutrition and renewal of recognition of Medicine
· 2005 - Recognition of the Course of Theology
· 2006 - Authorization for the opening of the courses in Veterinary Medicine and Technology in Environmental Management
· 2007 - Opening of the courses in Environmental Technology and Veterinary Medicine
· 2008 - was marked by significant changes in organizational structure and bylaws of the institution to search for Teaching Excellence in the Field of Health
Openness of the Unit of Animal Health for the course in Veterinary Medicine for treatment of small animals.
· 2009 - The Evangelical University of Parana full 40 years.
Implementation of the Open College of the Third Age - sliced.