University description (as per official university website)
The Network La Salle Brothers De La Salle belongs to. Our educational approach is based on the principles of St. John Baptist de La Salle, French priest (1651 -1719) to waive all privileges of their status as noble, devoted to the creation of schools for children from underprivileged classes. His first school was founded in 1679. France, the work of the Brothers spread throughout the world.
Currently, more than 80 countries with Lasallian institutions, more than 6,000 brothers, 55,000 teachers and 1500 Educational Communities that reach approximately 1 million children, adolescents and adults. In Brazil, the De La Salle has been around since 1907, when he founded the first school for the children of workers who lived in the neighborhood Navegantes, Porto Alegre. Are today, more than 200 brothers and 2,500 educators in 43 Educational Communities, serving more than 50,000 children, youth and adults in 11 states.
Promote the development of the individual and the transformation of society through human and Christian education, fellowship and participation.
Become a reference in teaching innovation, in response to poor education, and youth ministry student.
- Inspiration and Christian life-Lasallian;
- Knowledge as a process of constructing personal and collective;
- Relations of brotherhood and solidarity;
- Educational service to the poor;
- Participation in educational and administrative processes;
- Qualification of educational agents;
- Efficiency and effectiveness in administrative management;
- Innovation in teaching practices;
- Respect for diversity.