University description (as per official university website)
The FASSESC is maintained by the Association of Education of Santa Catarina - ASSESC, founded by Prof.. Ayres Melchiades Ulyssea on December 12, 1987, having chaired the organization until September 2007 and is responsible for implementation and development of Integrated Schools ASSESC.
Accredited as ASSESC Integrated College in September 2002, FASSESC born of the merger of the School of Tourism and Hospitality, Faculty of Management of Florianopolis and the Faculty of Social Communication in a single institution.
The School of Hospitality and Tourism began in 1995 with the deployment of Tourism Course, forming the first class in 1998, which gained the recognition of the course.
In 1999 the courses were implemented and the course of Hospitality Business with emphasis in public administration and banking administration.
In 2000, besides inaugurating the new headquarters has been accredited the College of Business Administration from Florianopolis - FAF and authorized the City Management Course.
In 2001 it was accredited the School of Social Communication? FACOS and authorized the Social Communication Course? Public Relations. In the same year were also inaugurated the Hotel School and Restaurant School.
In 2002 they were allowed the Administration Course? Marketing, Food and Social Communication - Electronic Media.
In 2003 were recognized business management course - Enabling Public Administration and Banking.
In 2005, besides the recognition of degrees in Hospitality Management, Marketing and cities, there was the renewal of recognition of the Tourism course and permission of the Course in Food Technology.
In 2006, along with recognition of bachelor degree in Gastronomy, underwent external evaluation Condo courses of social communication skills in Public Relations and Electronic Media, published with the Ordinance in January 2007.
Since 2007, FASSESC it also started in graduate school, offering its alumni return and r new opportunity for community improvement.
In all assessments made by the MEC, the courses of the institution has been getting good performance with the concept, mostly in B MB and objective dimensions of evaluation, these evaluations demonstrated by ENADE, which puts the performance of our courses above the national average.
The institution now has a seat designed specifically to meet the needs of their courses.
Being a center of excellence in the training of professionals in different fields of knowledge.
Effectively contribute in building and disseminating knowledge to society, providing the means for processing and adding value, based on principles focusing on ethics, citizenship and solidarity
- Educating for citizenship;
- Build and disseminate knowledge;
- Preserve and respect the historical, artistic, cultural and natural resources;
- Respect the diversity of ideas, diversity, and its manifestations;
- To act in an ethical and socially responsible.
- Contribute to the training of young people and adults are able to be inserted in society and the world of work;
- Develop ethical and humanistic values, vital Condo maintaining a healthy socio-economic reality;
- Promote the human, cultural, scientific, artistic, technical and professional;
- Promoting the teaching and learning in diverse fields of human knowledge;
- Encourage cultural and professional improvement, and enable the corresponding implementation, integrating the acquired knowledge in an intellectual framework and systematizing knowledge of each generation.
- Promote interdisciplinary curriculum, the teaching qualification, professional training and the provision of community services R;
- Promoting environmental education, protection and preservation of the environment, human values related to man, R and R nature society.
- Encourage undergraduate students and promote the extension, open Condo community participation;
- Develop educational activities to the practice of universal human rights and duties of citizenship and consolidation.