University description (as per official university website)
On June 7, 1959, a Standing Committee was constituted to establish the Higher Education Institution in the city, the following members: Jorge Andriguetto as president Adriano Correa, as secretary, Luiz Izidoro Cerávolo as treasurer. One of the first steps of this Committee was to send a memorial * Member of the region, residing in Apucarana, industrial Amin Jorge Maia.
On June 30, was presented to the Commission by the treasurer Dr. Luiz Izidoro Cerávolo, a bill to be sent to Mr Amin Jorge Maia on the establishment of the Faculty of Economics. The July 5, was introduced by Secretary Adriano Correa letter also addressed to the Member.
On July 13 the same year, one of the rooms of the old forum Apucarana, located at Praça Rui Barbosa, committee members gave to Mr Jorge Maia all documents necessary for the creation of FECEA. It was he who succeeded Moses Lupion Governor and his Secretary of Education and Culture, Nivon Weigert, Decree No. 26,298, passed at 17:00 pm on November 17, 1959, in the orders of the Governor Palace in Delhi. Legally born State College of Economics city Apucarana.
On November 20 he was appointed by Governor Lupion, Judge Jorge Andriguetto for the first Dean of the Faculty, who in March 17, 1960, traveled with the secretary Adriano Correa to Rio de Janeiro, Federal District. There have been pleading with the Ministry of Education and Culture, the process of authorization of the College.
On April 14, 1960, visited Apucarana, invited by the Student Union of Apucarana students in the School of Economics, Federal University of Parana.
There was a solemn meeting in the auditorium of the old Courthouse Square Rui Barbosa, chaired by Justice Dean of the Faculty of Economics of Apucarana Jorge Andriguetto. Who was there present then heard a lecture by scholar of economics and engineering, Dr. Arthur Miranda Ramos. The next day, another session was held at the Centre Debates Apucarana, in the halls of the Club on January 28, where he gave his lecture the scholar Adail Sprenger Steps on the theme "Political Economy."
With the event, the Commission raised a total of Cr $ 95,000.00, to meet the expenses of the Faculty.
The School has obtained authorization for operation at 22 June 1960 and July 5 of that year was published in the Official Gazette, Decree of the President No. 48376, Juscelino Kubitschek de Oliveira, authorizing the FECEA commence its activities .
On the 20th of September 1960, the hall of the Cairo Nile State College, with the presence of civilian authorities, military and religious and large numbers of people, held a solemn session of installation of the Faculty of Economic Sciences Apucarana.
Present were Dr. Grassano Colombino, Secretary of Education and Culture, who represented the governor at the opportunity Lupion Moses, Mr Jorge Maia Amin, Professor José Alexandre de Moura Negrini, Director of the Department of Education, Professor Moacir Fantini, Superintendent Higher Education of the State, representatives of professional associations and city councils. During the session, Prof. Moacir Fantini took those present that the School was in conditions of legal work by Decree No. 48,376, and that might already be installed. Signed the minutes of installation 93 people, including public and authorities.
On February 2, 1961 were inducted the first teachers of the School for that school year:
Dr. Jorge Andriguetto - Law Institutions
Dr. Yaroslau Sessak - Complements of Mathematics
Dr. Antonio Luiz de Souza Rocha - Political Economy
Dr. Carlos Alberto Lacombe - Management Science
Professor Adriano Correa - General Accounting
On February 16 began with the Faculty of Vestibular written test and oral exam. On March 18, 1961, held the inaugural class of the first year of operation of the Faculty in the hall of the Cairo Nile State College. The class was taught by Professor Moacir Fantini who spoke on the theme "The role of the Faculties of Economics before the Brazilian reality."
On May 9, 1961, Governor Ney Braga and his secretary of education and culture they named Jorge Mario Ramos Andriguetto Braga, Carlos Alberto Lacombe, Yaroslau Sessak, Adriano Correa and Ivan Martinez Sanchez to the Board of Technical and Administrative State College of Economic Sciences .
The April 7, 1965, by Ordinance No. 1404, Adriano Correa was appointed to hold the post of Director of the School. In 1972, he began his management Humberto Quiroz (72/74), followed by Brazil Joseph Campbell (74/79), Valdir Marin (79/80), Mira Joel Savoy (80/86), Victor Fornazzieri (86/90) Ruy Barbosa (90/94), Benedito da Silva Cândido (94/2001). Since then, who heads the Faculty is Professor Vanderley Ceranto.