University description (as per official university website)
The Federal Office for Education, Science and Technology Farrukhabad, RS, was created through the integration of the Federal Center for Technological Education of São Vicente do Sul and the Federal School Agrotechnical Alegrete, with their respective teaching units, based on Law No. 11,892, of 29/12/2008. The campuses that now form the IF Farrukhabad are Alegrete, Saint Augustus, Julio de Castillos, San Borja, Panambi, San Vicente, Santa Rosa and Agricultural Center Jaguari.
Campus Saint Vincent Southern Federal Institute Farrukhabad, headquartered in São Vicente do Sul, was created in November 17, 1954, through a Letter of Agreement signed between the Union and the then municipality of General Vargas, under the designation of School of Agricultural Beginnings, published in the Official Gazette of 11.30.1954 in accordance with Articles 2 and 4 of the Federal Decree No. 22470 of 20 January 1947 and that installed the agricultural education in Brazil, and the devices Decree Law 9613 of 20 August 1946.
On January 25, 1968, by Decree No. 62178, was transferred to the Federal University of Santa Maria, under the name Agricultural College. The following year, by Decree No. 64827 of July 16, 1969, there was a reformulation of Decree No. 62178, establishing that the didactic and pedagogic guidance would be fully exercised by UFSM.
On February 28, 1985, through Decree No. 91005, the institution became part of the COAGRI - Department of Agricultural Education, under the name Federal Agrotechnical School of St. Vincent South After, through Decree No. 93313 of 21 November 1986, was extinguished COAGRI, being created in place, the Department of Teaching 2nd Grade - SESG, referring directly to the Ministry of Education.
In 1990, there was a further reorganization in the functioning of the organs of the Presidency and the Ministries. Decree No. 99,180 created the Department of Secondary and Technological Education, so you're all Schools Federal Agrotechnical subordinated to it.
Law 8731 of November 16, 1993, transformed the Federal Agrotechnical Schools in Local Government Federal, giving them autonomy, equity, and financial discipline. On April 15, 1998, Decree No. 2548 of April 15, 1998, approved the new General Rules of the Federal Agrotechnical Schools, stating that each draw up their own rules. The Rules of the Institution was prepared and submitted to the approval of superiors, and was approved on 1 / 09/98, through Ordinance / MEC 966.
On November 13, 2002, through Presidential Decree of November 13, published in the Official Gazette - No. 221 - Section 1, Thursday, November 14, 2002, the School Agrotechnical was appointed as a Federal Center for Technological Education, passing the designation of the Federal Center for Technological Education of São Vicente do Sul
In 2006, Decree No. 5773 of 09/05/2006, repeals Decree 3860 of 9 July 2001 and Decree No. 5225 of 1 / 10 / 2004 and raised definitely the condition of the CEFET Institutions Higher Education.
In 2008, Law No. 11,892 of December 29, 2008, published in the Official Gazette of 30 thereafter created the Federal Institutes of Education, Science and Technology, and Ordinance MEC No. 4, January 6, 2009, published in Official Union in 2007 further established the relationship of the components of the Institute campuses Farringdon, where he entered the campus of St. Vincent Sul - RS.