University description (as per official university website)
Tell a phrase often used to dream a dream together it becomes reality. The Celer is a proof of this, once an idea that emerged individually, to be shared, it became a great institution which for years has been changing the educational profile of western Santa Catarina. In a region marked by agriculture, should dare to go further and offer higher quality education in a city like Xaxim, seemed unthinkable. But the unthinkable become possible when we believe in goals and tuck up their sleeves to work. So with this spirit of entrepreneurship came the School of Applied Social Sciences (FACIS), the Celer Colleges. We are at a road junction, which soon became one of our biggest assets. Located in the BR 282 in Xaxim, we are the first private institution of higher education to be created in western Santa Catarina.
The Educational Association Frei Nivaldo Liebel (ASSEFRENI), our keeper, was formed on July 23, 1999, and its charter registered in the Registry of Deeds and Documents Xaxim under No. 569 on July 26. Our project was filed with the creation of Secretariat of the Ministry of Higher Education in November 1999. Earlier, in August, we began work on the planning for the operation of the college, developed by a group of professionals with significant experience in higher education. It was time to put the dream into practice.
The works of our physical facilities actually began in January 2000 and was completed in late 2001. In July 2001, duly appointed, made our first selection exam for the courses of Business, qualifications in International Business, Marketing and Human Resources, Tourism and Accounting. Since then we have never stopped growing.
We need more classrooms, new courses have emerged, new students, faculty and staff, and that dream so subtly sown resulted in a large teaching space, a place where knowledge is everywhere: in classrooms, hallways and foremost in the minds of students who come to have their lives changed as a function of higher education, either with new placements in the labor market, with the emergence of niches and opportunities, or even with the awakening for the creation of new businesses. Since 2001 we are no longer the same, nor education. What matters is to join efforts to build a better future today.
"Education for innovative entrepreneurs to form citizens, critical and ethical, able to contribute through supportive partnerships in the evolutionary process of society in its various aspects."
-Undertake an educational process that fosters the development of human beings, endowed with critical skills;
- Increase social inclusion through an articulation of CELER increasingly intense, with the local and global context;
- Diversify the forms of access, in constant search of universal democratization of knowledge;
- Establish partnerships with business, public and private institutions, social movements, communities, churches;
- Encouraging and supporting innovative projects that enable the extension of the frontiers of knowledge and diversity;
- Develop initiatives that lead to the renewal through constant dialogue and exchange with the academic community and the incessant dialogue with the various social factors;
- To undertake actions leading to the overcoming of organizational culture, based on excessive bureaucracy and reactive management, developing the ability to think in the medium and long term.
-Commitment to the democratization of knowledge in an environment without borders;
-Cultivation of values that dignify the man, as it learns to be free, how to choose and how to act toward themselves and others;
- Promoting the development of the human being and his environment, critical to the exercise of professional performances;
- Commitment to the ethical development of society, without linkage to political and ideological questions;
- Respect the diversity of ideas, practices, professional knowledge and associated cultural self-criticism with a view to integrating the corporate objectives.