University description (as per official university website)
Important landmark in the history of higher education throughout the state, FAMETTIG - Colleges Mettig Olga, appeared on April 27, 1967, date of founding of the Faculty of Education of Bahia - the first tertiary institution to train teachers in the North / Northeast. With the creation of the School of Tourism of Bahia in 1984, and the College of Business Administration in 1998, the MEC agreed to allow the three institutions were transformed into Olga Mettig Colleges since 2001.
The institution was founded by educator Mettig Olga Perez, one of the leading names in the history of education in the country, and is today considered one of the most traditional institutions of higher education in Bahia. It offers undergraduate courses in Education, and Tourism Administration. They all operate from bases prepared by Prof. Olga Mettig, whose name is always linked to attitudes pioneers, entrepreneurs and business ethics in education.
In addition to its undergraduate courses, the FAMETTIG account with the Center for Graduate Studies Mettig Olga, the organization responsible for promoting sensu lato from different areas of knowledge, bringing together some of the best Master and Ph.D. degrees in their respective areas.
Faculties Olga Mettig are maintained by the Cultural and Educational Society of Bahia, which also includes the Institute of Musical Education - EMI, the music school aimed at people of all ages, the Free School of maturity, first year free upgrade to cultural offered in Bahia directed to the public the best age, and the Colleges of Specific Training in Business Management in Tourism and Management Processes International Business, both lasting two years.
The tradition of quality teaching is recognized by the good FAMETTIG Brazilian professionals and many of our students are required for positions of leadership and prominence in their respective areas, both in Brazil and abroad. Being a professional means FAMETTIG formed by the recognition of solid training, based on ethical principles and a comprehensive knowledge about your field. All this combined with a pioneering academic vision, in line with market trends.
Being a University Center of excellence and cutting edge in education, applied social sciences, culture, art and entertainment, through the administration of educational institutions and business, with national recognition.
Educate, through education, research and extension, critical view of people able to add value and are conducted professionally, supported by ethical principles and democratic citizenship.
1 - The human being is the essence of everything, with their sensitivity, creativity and faith.
2 - Educate, based on moral and ethical values, people who can act on their social, transforming him.
3 - Exercising democratic principles like respect for individual liberties, human rights and loyalty to principles.
4 - The environment should be valued, maintained and preserved to benefit humans.
With the entrepreneurial spirit that is part of its history, FAMETTIG is constantly developing several programs to offer even more improvements to their students, teachers, employees and partners, both in respect to its facilities as the pioneer of their curricula and academic activities .
The Faculty of Education of the FEBA was the first in your area North / Northeast and has trained several generations of educators for nearly four decades. Also a pioneer in his field and with an innovative curriculum in Brazil, the course of Tourism INVOICE has been pointed out subsequently by experts as one of the best in the country, also has a teaching staff constantly asked for important decisions about the direction of national tourism.
Following the same tradition, the Administration course prepares the student for what he has solid foundations, scientific, technological and socio-cultural, able to meet the challenges that society puts her in the contemporary era.
Now meet some of the more unusual aspects of FAMETTIG:
1. High quality education recognized by the MEC and the students of the various units;
2. Recognition of Pedagogy, Administration and Tourism MEC, which guarantees the granting of the diploma trainee;
3. Academic Administration of high-level, evaluated by the MEC;
4. Excellence in the organization and the Didactic-Pedagogic Faculty, recognized by the MEC;
5. Flexibility in the amount and payment of fees;
6. Excellent location in the downtown area - close to the Lapa station and the future metro station of the Field of Powder;
7. Strong relationship with the productive sector, enabling the most appropriate relationship between theory and practice;
8. Note 4 in the outcome of Enade 2008 (the only private higher education institution to obtain this result in Bahia for the Faculty of Education)
9. Highlighting the studying Business Administration, Education and Tourism Student Guide 2009 Best Universities, national publication of Editora Abril created to point courses of excellence in the country;
10. Information Technology Center and active, with monitors for the computer labs;
11. Encouraging entrepreneurship;
12. Development of socio-cultural projects;
13. Encouragement to sports, culture and art;
14. Graduate Center of Excellence;
15. Independent Study Program developed a pioneer, providing students with college or higher degree in the possibility of studying in their area of interest, planning activities and defining the topic or topics you want to investigate and / or intensify.