University description (as per official university website)
ICE - Institute of Education Cuiabano is a serious institution and committed to knowledge, acting in Cuiabá since September 17, 1979, grew with the city, adding values and talents. Its headquarters is located at Avenida Europa, 63, Jardim Tropical, Cuiabá, CEP 78065-130. Is permitted by Opinion No. 036 of 10 March 1981 the State Board of Education. ICE belongs to the private school and is maintained by the entity of the same name.
The institution offers from Basic Education to the Graduate. Higher education includes the University of Mato Grosso and Accounting Sciences and Administration Faculty of Education and Arts Cuiabana (Facel). Both are now accredited as Mato Grosso Integrated College of Social Sciences and Humanities, since 1988, has trained over 3000 professionals.
The strategic lines of the Institute of Education Cuiabano were drawn in 1999 and subsequently updated in 2007 in the Institutional Development Plan, drafted with the participation of the entire academic community. This action was responsible for a great leap in quality and performance of its activities, with sensible improvements in the academic and administrative staff. Today, ICE offers 14 undergraduate courses, 5 and 9 Graduation Courses Training Courses Specific Sequential (sequential courses is one form of higher education). Moreover, the institution offers over 30 postgraduate courses recognized by the highest quality.
With over 30 years of history, reputation and proven results
Faculty with strong links in business and in education
Teachers with good qualification and experience
Coordination of course accessible to students
Differentiated teaching methodology (practical seminars, technical visits, and others that involve an interdisciplinary process)
4 computer labs
Extensive library, air conditioned, with internet loan
The mission of the International College of ICE's mission to consolidate its sponsor, the Institute of Education Cuiabano and consists of:
For Director General
"To educate citizens through education, to act in a transformative, critical and ethical in work and social situations."
The vision of the Integrated College has been defined as follows:
"ICE will be a center of excellence in the various levels of education, recognized for its expertise and reference center in their fields."
Their values are based on the organization and humanity (moral and ethical).
The ECI values in their organizational and human relations professionalism, confidence, competence, respect, loyalty, responsibility, courage, human and community development, partnership and honesty.
PHILOSOPHY OF THE INSTITUTION
The International College of ICE took the institutional commitment to contribute to promote the educational development of the region by offering higher education in different areas of integrated knowledge to research and extension. This goal stands in as a way to achieve the most professional fields of society. The Company believes that, in dynamic interaction with the company, sets its fields of present and future academic performance.
In the institution responsible for preparing each individual to understand oneself and others through a better understanding of the world and the relations established between men and between them and physical and social environment.
To ensure its mission, coordination of courses organized education that develops around the four fundamental learning recommended by the Report to UNESCO of the International Commission on Education for the XXI Century ".
• "Learning to know" - characterized by the pursuit of knowledge in the field of instruments primarily for the purpose of discovering, understanding, doing science;
• "Learning to do" - the understanding that although inseparable from the "learning to know," "learning to do" refers directly to training in that it is guiding the students to put their knowledge into practice adapting the health care of human beings;
• "Learning to live together" - which constitutes a major challenge for the education market, with a view to trying to help the students in the learning process for participation, cooperation, and especially for the collective search for solutions to contemporary problems;
• "Learning to be" - integrating the three prior learning and is characterized by the development of independent and critical thinking that will help in formulating their own value judgments, forming thus a citizen and professional resolute and prepared to act in different circumstances of life.
To achieve its training policy, the coordination of Philosophy courses are:
"Promoting quality education through the creation and development of academic activities that consider the knowledge, skills and attitudes essential to human and professional education."
Based on this philosophy, we developed the pedagogical projects cemented a set of principles that shape their identity and express its mission:
"Serving as an element of development and construction of knowledge, creating alternative solutions to the problems posed by society, referring to the science and technology as a factor of progress and advancement of humanity."
These guidelines require guiding educational strategies varied in their thinking and make students of the institution that will seek to gradually:
• Construction conference - expressed in intention and practice of each segment constituting the institution, taking into account the dialectical articulation, differentiation and integration, global and specific;
• reciprocal interaction with society - characterized by education and economic development, social development, reaffirming its commitment as a potentiator of human and professional education;
• Construction of permanent teaching quality - understood and incorporated as procedural and everyday of higher education and graduate school, constantly inquiring about:
What kind of society and we want?
What does the school before the new social relations of production?
What kinds of professional training, to the demands of the labor market?
What is the initial and continuing training of professionals in higher education;
Integration between teaching, research and outreach - seeking to build an educational process, based on development / redevelopment of knowledge, aiming at seizing and intervention in reality as a whole dynamic and contradictory;
• Curriculum Development - contextualized and detailed expression of the concept of knowledge, understood as human activity and procedurally built in the production of material life.
• Seeks continuous drive theory and practice, which requires the inclusion of teachers and students in research activities and undergraduate research;
• Methodological Aspects of Adoption - based on the assumptions of the methodology dialectics that sees society and education as dynamic, contradictory and participants in the construction of infrastructure and superstructure relations.
Based on its philosophy, mission and principles, the Coordinators of the course outlines the didactic and pedagogical guidelines for their courses. Solidify these guidelines and explained the intent and academic practices to be developed at the institution.
OBJECTIVES OF THE INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION Cuiabano
• Train professionals and experts in higher education and graduate, expanding the sphere of interaction with society ICE particularly in the fields of culture, health, education and business fields, driving their academic functions of teaching, research and extension service social demands;
• Optimize resources infrastructure, material and financial resources, implementing strategies to make optimal use of installed physical capacity of the ICE;
• Implement the policy of developing people to consider the essential nature of professional technical administrators and teachers to meet the related activities of the institution;
• Implement a policy of democratization of information through the strengthening of a system of qualified library and access to networks and expanding existing databases and potentially available;
• Implement a policy of social responsibility that includes commitment to the actions of social inclusion and promotion of citizenship, the protection of the environment, commit to actions that promote sustainable economic development and protection of cultural memory, artistic production and cultural heritage .