University description (as per official university website)
Historical and Institutional Characteristics
In 1969, with the growth of the city that has now become a regional economic and cultural hub, and the imminent division of the State of Mato Grosso, Campo Grande to the future as he threw himself into the nearby state capital of the country, a fact that would formalize a decade later. As an alternative to meet regional needs a new institution was founded.
So in September 1994, the Union was born Educational Association South Mato Grosso (UNAES), sponsor of the School of Campo Grande (FIC). Initially, four graduate courses were offered: Accounting, Economics, Education and Direito.Ao over time, the School of Campo Grande was consolidating itself as an institution of higher education, meeting a growing demand, particularly in the tertiary sector, focusing in public and private services and trade. In this environment, in 1997, created the Course Management, General Educational Administration and Foreign Trade. In 2002 we created the courses of Computer Science, International Relations and the Course of Technology in Web Development (now Internet Technology Systems).
The FIC is accredited as a University Center Anhanguera of Campo Grande in April 2005, obtaining approval for the courses in Fashion Design, Production Engineering, History, Hospitality, Literature, Technology Management and Insurance Management Mechanical Automotive. Also in 2005, was accredited to offer post-graduation courses in the distance. They were later created the Nursing, Physiotherapy, Social Communication - Advertising and Technology in Computer Networks, to be deployed in 2008, courses in Mechanical Engineering, Control and Automation, Manufacturing Technology in sugar-alcohol, Technology in Interior Design in Logistics and Technology in 2009.
In 2009 it was renamed the University Center Anhanguera Campo Grande, through Ordinance No. SESu 1747/09, and be maintained by Anhanguera Educacional SA, with the approval of Ordinance No. SESu 1840/09. Both were published in the Official Gazette on 24 December this year.