Universidade do Sagrado Coração
University description (as per official university website)
The first page of the History of Sacred Heart University (USC) was written on October 20, 1953, in Rio de Janeiro. That was the day that President Getulio Vargas authorizing the operation of the courses in Geography and History, Pedagogy and Neo-Latin Literature at the Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters Sacred Heart of Jesus, Fafil.
Four months later, on the night of March 7, 1954, feast of St. Thomas Aquinas (Patron of Philosophers), sister Arminda Sbrissa solemnly spoke at the opening of the first class of Fafil. It was the start of construction of a solid institution, created to educate citizens, aiming to seek, in their professional activities, spirituality social.Abrigada with justice in the premises of the old College Rodrigues de Abreu (now St. Joseph) at the time of property State, soon saw that the place was cramped. He then began looking for an area that could in the near future, adding the structure of Fafil with more space, new classrooms and a good library to house the rich collection of the institution that had just nascer.No early '60s, the Institute of the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (IASCJ) acquired an area in Brazil Garden, adjacent to the Rodovia Marechal Rondon. Brazil in the Garden, adjacent to the Rodovia Marechal Rondon. In essence that symbolically represented the beginning of a new phase of Fafil: the construction of its new instalações.Irmã Elvira Milani current dean of USC and director at the time of the Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters, was presented in 1969, newly formed architect Jurandir Bueno Son, "very interested in the architecture of Brasilia flourishing," he admits. Along with Alfred Tallat, Edgar Gonçalves Dente and Ana Maria de Biasi, Jurandir kitted out in a year, the project that outlined the curves of concrete blocks of the new campus of Fafil.No early 1970, the campus came to life and address: street sister Arminda, 10-50 - a tribute to what made the first steps in the journey that resulted in the dream of building a solid educational institution dedicated to training professionals aware of their social duty.
EDUCATION AND FAITH IN SEARCH OF KNOWLEDGE
After the triumph of the founding of Fafil and the inauguration of its new facility in Brazil Garden, the next step to be overcome was its transformation into a university. The academic community of the Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Letters has fulfilled all the steps from the Ministry of Education to make it the Sacred Heart University, USC.
On April 29, 1986, the then education minister, Jorge Bornhausen Konder, signed the decree 294/96: Institute of the Sisters Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus (IASCJ) writing another chapter in the history of education in Bauru reflections in the region.
"Among all the tools of education, the school has special importance." The phrase, of Mother Clelia Merloni - founder of IASCJ - is strictly enforced today by the academic community at the University of the Sacred Heart.
Structure - This machine is busy generating education for 300 teachers and 250 employees. Nestled in an area of 100 thousand square meters, the University offers the community laboratories that generate training, improving teaching and research in all its courses, divided between: technology courses, undergraduate, specialization, master's and doctoral degrees.
The interaction with the society of Bauru and municipalities of the region is made possible with daily services in the areas of health - through care clinics - in appreciation of culture and community - with the presentations of parts of Theater, Dance, music and promoting events such as the traditional June Festival, gastronomic shows, fair professions, among others.
The communication from the University with the population transcends the boundaries of the campus through television USC, whose images are transmitted by Canal Universitario de Bauru (14 Net) and 102.7 FM by Radio Veritas, a station for education, fulfilling his role generate education and evangelization.
The preservation of local and regional history is implemented by the Center for Documentation and Historical Research in Bauru and Region (Nuphar), which was named one of its creators, Gabriel Ruiz Pelegrina. Added to this set of academic structure in the Publishing House of University of the Sacred Heart (Edusc), established in 1996 with the aim of publishing and translating works of relevant scientific and philosophical content.
The historical development and innovation does not stop. Each year, USC wins new courses, characters and buildings that enrich her successful career in education. Currently, more than 40 undergraduate and one graduate each year that is stronger than ever in promoting specialization courses, advanced, masters and doctorate.
In addition, USC's partner with international institutions contributes to the professional and cultural training of its students and offers the opportunity to experience in countries with cultures and different routines. Students at USC have access to academic and cultural exchanges with universities in Chile, Japan, Spain and the United States.
0 Institute of the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus received authorization for the operation of the Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Literature of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, by Decree No. 34.291/53. Geography, History, Literature and Education courses are approved by the Ministry of Education and Culture.
Vestibular and the First Lesson
Vestibular first occurs in 1954. The first lesson is issued on 7 March the same year, the College recognized before graduation of its first class in 1956.
Faculty of Music
Ten years after the installation of the Faculty of Philosophy, the Office of the Apostles, to transform the former Pius XII in the Music Conservatory School of Music.
1967. Expansion of Higher Education
Install from this new year new courses in response to the labor market, Sciences, Psychology, Training Psychologist and Social Studies.
1970. New and Modern Facilities
Leaving the traditional building of the Avenida Rodrigues Alves, opens the great architectural work that is now the USC - University of the Sacred Heart.
From 1970 to 1999
In the 70's are installed Qualification courses in Biology and Nursing in the '80s, Pharmacy, Nutrition, and Speech Therapy and courses in the last decade of the Translator, Bilingual Executive Secretary, Mathematics, Chemistry, Systems Analysis, Philosophy, Management, Qualification in Performing Arts, Physical therapy, occupational therapy and dentistry.
From 2000 to 2009
Courses are installed more than technology. The first, which brought the Cuisine of specialized laboratories and the latest technology to campus. This decade is also marked by the establishment of the international partnership of academic and administrative cooperation with the University of Santo Tomas in Chile which is convening the Network Icusta (International Council of Universities of Saint Thomas Aquinas) who has 32 universities in several countries and more 500 thousand students. A partnership that aims to bring the most inovodoras and effective teaching methodologies for USC, and generate exchanges and transfer of knowledge.
Today. A Vibrant USC
Under the overall direction of the Chancellor Rodrigo Rocha Vera and Dean Milani Sister Elvira, USC has approximately 5000 students, distributed in their courses, specialization, master's and doctoral degrees, has on your body, teaching graduate professors who have the support a technical team composed of skilled employees. In addition, a reference in the areas of health care and promotion of cultural events and educational nature in Bauru and region.
Who is Sister Arminda Sbrissa
The educator and administrator Sister Arminda Sbrissa born on June 14, 1920 in the town of Piraquara, Parana State, and died on April 12, 1965, in the city of São Paulo, Ribeirão Preto. Buried in Bauru.
His parents were called and Ferdinando Sbrissa Arminda Sbrissa. He belonged to a large family and humble. He started his school life in primary school Eufrásio Manuel, from 1929 to 1931. His high school courses were conducted at the College of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Cafelândia, from 1936 to 1941.
In 1936 he entered the religious life of the Institute of the Apostles of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. In 1942 he began his higher education in the Seat of Wisdom School, São Paulo, devoting himself to his studies of Philosophy, Pedagogy, Psychology and Literature.
He graduated in Neo-Latin Letters in 1945. The following year, he majored in Religious Studies at the same college, now part of the Catholic University of São Paulo (PUC-SP).
In 1948, she specialized in Educational Guidance for School University of São Paulo. In the year 1947 had entered the professional training course (primary teaching) San Jose Normal School, Bauru.
In 1949, competition is giving evidence and evidence to the Chair of Education, the Official Teaching of the State of São Paulo. Agreed, it moved into the position of teacher at the Normal School Sacred Heart of Jesus in Cafelândia.
In addition to several specialized courses and technical and professional activities, he went abroad in search of improvements.
In 1952 he went to Italy, where he attended courses at the Higher Institute of Teacher Maria Assunta, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore. In 1958, following the United States, performing stages in the Teaching of School Organisation Sacrated Hearth College, Albertus Magnus College and Saint Anthony School for Exceptional Children's.
In 1960 he returned to Italy on a scholarship to carry on center stage at the Scuola Nazionale Guided Secondary Rome and Castelnuovo Fogliani (auspices of the Università del Sacro Cuore).
All these activities aimed Arminda Sr., initially, the establishment of the Faculty of Philosophy, Sciences and Literature of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Fafil and then to maintain it as the first Faculty of Philosophy in the interior of São Paulo.
• Functional structure
• Campus, with 100 thousand square meters, with over 60 thousand square meters of building area, located in Bauru.
• 40 undergraduate programs, and higher education courses in technology.
• Over 20 courses "broad sense" (specialization)
• 2 master's programs and a doctoral
• 20,505 students graduated by June 2006 (unofficial)
• 5000 students, including undergraduate and postgraduate
• More than 600 computers networked
• Specialized Laboratories
• Library with collection of 128,000 volumes and 1,857 journal titles, go www.usc.br / library
• Publisher of over 500 published titles, visit http://www.usc.br/encontre_usc/edusc.htm
• Encouraging a culture through the activities of the Coral Veritas CoralUSC,
Veritas http://www.usc.br/arte_cultura/teatro_veritas.htm University Theatre and other projects open to the entire community.
• Center for Historical Research and Documentation, with a collection of 103,361 documents, please visit http://www.usc.br/servicos/nuphis.htm
• FM Radio Station, Veritas FM, with coverage of a radius of 45 km, which means a population coverage of around 800,000 inhabitants, as projections for increased power, using the high category of 10,000 watts, visit http:/ / www.veritasfm.com.br/
• Issuing of TV, watch internet TVUSC http://www.sciencenet.com.br/
• Health clinics serving the community, totaling 27 000 patients a year
• 13 social programs, with 8710 visits per month
• 200 students over 50 years, enrolled in Open University for Seniors, visit http://www.usc.br/terceira_idade/
• daily pastoral activities, visit http://www.usc.br/pastoral/
• Scholarships Prouni, Family School, Pravaler
• Center on Disability in Bauru, visit http://www.usc.br/noticias/noticias-nidb/index.php