University description (as per official university website)
1. Being a Catholic confessional institution, the International College of Teresa of Avila founded his mission in the Gospel and the teachings of the Catholic Church in dialogue with other religions, with science and technology;
2. As a Salesian Institution, is based on educationally, the Preventive System of Don Bosco, which has three pillars: reason, religion and Affection. Reason seeks to build knowledge, focusing on youth participation and citizenship. Religion seeks to guide the student to the Transcendent as value and meaning of life. The affection (loving kindness) makes the student feel that he is loved and respected as human beings, with their differences and without discrimination, promoting an inclusive education.
3. As an Institution of Higher Education, assumes the purposes of higher education in Brazil: teaching, research and extension.
4. As an institution located in the Paraíba Valley, continually seeking its inclusion in the City of Lorraine and the region, either by making an extension service adhering to reality, be mindful of the types of research needed to Enterprises in the Region, the community and the lack of population and the students.
Having initially focused their courses to the area of humanities, the arts and film, The Fatea has assumed during these fifty years, a significant cultural mission, becoming a cultural center in the city and the region.
5. As a philanthropic institution, priority social needs, youth, especially the impoverished.
The Declaration of Principles of School Salesian defines the precepts that guide the Salesian education.
This document, the founding of the Salesian Education and Mission of Fatea, the fruit of eleven years of studies and experiences of the provinces of the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians in Brazil, built in the practice of Schools and constitutes your Educational Ideals. Gives Schools and Education Centers a threshold for the development of their pedagogical project within the Brazilian reality, identified with the local reality.
The Charter of Principles, whose common denominator is the maximum stated by D. Bosco Salesian to work: Educating a thing of the heart.
His understanding is that science and technology are meaningless if the individual pursuit of happiness in communion with humanity planetary, cosmic. For this, take the dialogue and solidarity that lead to the humanization of culture and science, the supremacy of wisdom over knowledge, respect for ethics, as the foundation promoter of education for peace.
The International College of Teresa of Avila, based on the principles of freedom and the ideals of humanistic-Christian solidarity, aimed at promoting education, science and culture, placing them in community services.
Included also the Rules of Procedure, in accordance with the Charter, the following principles of teaching:
- Equal conditions for access to school and tenancy;
- Freedom to learn, teach, research and promotion of culture, thought, art and knowledge;
- Pluralism of ideas and pedagogical assumptions;
- Respect for freedom and appreciation for tolerance, including religious;
- Peaceful and fruitful coexistence between public and private schools;
- Enhancement of professional education in all areas of education;
- Ensuring quality standards;
- Valuation of non-school experience, including social promotion, and
- Link between school education, work and social practices.
The human person is to be reflective, creative and active, with a call to freedom and perfection, to bring about change in the context in which it operates, and history. In conducting its noblest aspirations, becomes the agent of change in the world, the transformation of himself and his fellows. Considering these aspects, we can define the man as the subject of building your own story and history of the world, a dialogic community and be aware of its responsibility and transcendence of his work towards the Absolute.
Educational concept: complete training and promotion of human
It is the intention of educators Fatea for the formation of the student, encourage the harmonious development of all human dimensions, considering each person as an agent of the growth and autonomy, and socially situated, to assume the legacy of previous generations and is capable while facing challenges of the future, to make responsible decisions on levels scientific, cultural, technical, political and social, and finally, the comprehensive training that seeks the meaning of the process of human life.
That the human, effected by education, is contextualized and lean not ready answers, be creative, dynamic, continuous process improvement and adaptation to rapid changes occurring in today's world, is articulated with the processes of continuing education and enabling egress to the reintegration into the academic environment, for updating and improvement, be active and useful to society, and bring the faculty and students to explore, study and participate actively in the political, social, cultural and economic development of region and nation; is based on "learning to" learn to learn, "" learn to live "," learning to be "and" learn to believe, "to develop the skills and competencies defined in pedagogical projects, and understand science and technology humans in their goals, aimed at the individual's happiness in communion with humanity, planetary, cosmic.