Faculdade Salesiana de Vitória
University description (as per official university website)
The Catholic Salesian College of the Holy Spirit began with the challenge of bringing the educational model of Don Bosco for higher education, the Preventive System of Education or love. In this state for almost 70 years, the first milestone was the founding of the Salesian College Our Lady of Victory (www.salesiano.com.br) in 1943. In 48 starts the construction of the permanent headquarters at Fort St. John There are currently 60 classrooms, 41 laboratories, three clinics for the care of health courses, library, gymnasium, four basketball courts, two swimming pools, church, area administrative, auditorium and a convenience center and also has parking for 500 cars.
The Catholic Salesian College of the Holy Spirit is accredited by the Port. 569/MEC of 05/03/2000 and maintained by a civil, non-profit, ST JOHN BOSCO INSPETORIA (http://www.salesianos.br/) based in Belo Horizonte. In addition to the Colleges Our Lady of Victory Garden and Camburi (http://www.salesiano.org.br/), the Inspectorate is the sponsor of the Salesian Works in the Federal District and the states of Minas Gerais, Rio de Janeiro, Goiás and Tocantins serves about 15 000 adolescents.
Since its beginning, the Catholic Salesian College of the Holy Spirit appeared with the size of the university, where the triad education, research and extension intertwine. From day one, the institution has focused on science and knowledge construction. To encourage the construction of knowledge, about 70% of teachers are teachers and / or doctors. The institution does not form, only for the professional market, but human life and committed to social transformation