Faculdade de Filosofia, Ciências e Letras de Duque de Caxias
Duque de Caxias, Brazil
University description (as per official university website)
The FEUDUC mission is to contribute to social inclusion through the scientific, technological, cultural and social region of Duque de Caxias forming professional and ethical commitment to social and environmental responsibility, providing access to different segments of the teaching quality to benefits of research, extension and continuing education, thus contributing to a more equal society.
The FEUDUC continues to focus all its efforts and resources to achieve the goal defined by its Statute:
• Provide education for staff training activities aimed at technical professionals and the work culture in different fields of knowledge;
• Conduct research and stimulating creations that enrich the body of knowledge and techniques in the sectors covered;
• Promote dissemination of cultural, artistic, scientific and technical, aimed to contribute to the development and preservation of the heritage of humanity;
• Encouraging the pursuit of knowledge about the present world, especially on the local and regional realities;
• Promote the extension, open to participation of the population, aiming at the dissemination of culture and scientific and technological research, generated at the institution.
• Encourage the development and implementation of research projects and undergraduate research in all undergraduate courses;
• Facilitate the provision of services and products of interest to academic, scientific, philosophical and artistic achievements of the Teaching of Undergraduate Research, Extension and the Graduate.
• Valuing Extension programs between institutions and productive sectors under different forms;
• Investing in the acquisition of equipment and materials, teaching methods;
• Increase the use of available technology to expand business opportunities and improve the quality of education there including continuing education;
• Promote training courses and / or updating for teachers and technical-administrative staff;
• Support / promote the realization of extension projects that meet the demands of society in knowledge in the Colleges offer degree courses;
• Conduct an assessment of the institution and courses, with a view to providing the the constant adjustment of services to the community served;
• Investing in quality teaching and other forms of service to our customers;
• Enabling new media and production processes, innovation and knowledge transfer, allowing the expansion of access to knowledge and technological development and social development;
• These objectives are founded on the following philosophical principles
The Educational Foundation of Duque de Caxias, established in 1969, legal entity of private non-profit, officially recognized as the entity of the Federal Public Service, aimed to provide initial access to higher education to residents of the Baixada Fluminense.
It was a bold initiative of the founders of the institution aware of the difficulties of convincing the school to reach the University.
The philosophy that guided the creation of the Faculty was precisely to make possible this opportunity by charging one of the lowest tuition of the state of Rio de Janeiro.
Has as one of its main purposes to promote the spread of cultural, scientific and technical, raising the permanent desire to improve cultural and professional knowledge in different areas, respecting the principles of liberty and democracy as well as incorporate actions to preserve the environment unviable environment and social responsibility.
The graduates, graduates of various courses, are eligible for inclusion in the professional sectors and the participation in the development of Brazilian society. Its actions have ethical, critical, independent and creative, while respecting the diversity inherent in professional environments and acting objectively in finding solutions to questions posed by society. Therefore, they have been compensating the achieved results, because the College is enabling professionals who work and stand out in the various branches of public and private teaching.
Recognized by the competent organs of the MEC, the undergraduate courses aim to train professionals able to meet specific social demands relating to their field of expertise, developing research, production and dissemination of knowledge, not only in academic but also in educational institutions and other sectors of society. They are running courses: Literature - Portuguese / English and Literature, Portuguese / Literature, Mathematics, Biology, History, Geography and Information Systems.
In an attempt to make the world better for the elderly and most significant, the FEUDUC created UNAT - University of the Third Age - demonstrating that education and development have new information channels to people considered elderly. Its target people aged over fifty years, work on Saturdays, without cost to the participant and focuses on the major problems that occur in the geriatric stage of life.
Feeling the need to fill existing gaps in research activity, was created in 1997, the Memory Center, Research and Documentation of the Baixada Fluminense (CEMPEDOCH-BF) with the thematic orientation to Local and Regional History, focusing on approaches to the process building communities and social groups in the Baixada Fluminense.
Featuring the philanthropic spirit of the institution, most students of various courses are awarded with scholarships, either from their own institution or partnerships with the City.
The institution aims to train students in different subject areas, making them suitable for inclusion in professional sectors. Promotes the constant encouragement of participation in the development of society through a specialized training, targeted to provide services to the community, aiming to establish with it a reciprocal relationship.