University description (as per official university website)
Created by city ordinance No. 653 of 8 August 1957, signed by Mayor Onofre Sebastian Gosuen, the Faculty of Law of France, after obtaining authorization from the President Juscelino Kubitschek de Oliveira for operation (Decree No. 43290, of 28.2. 1958), was officially installed on 28 March 1958 and was appointed Dr. Lino Benedito de Freitas, the City Attorney. Was recognized by the Federal Decree of 26 50.l26 January 26, 1961.
His first teachers were Drs Homer Vieira de Freitas (Roman Law), José Rodrigues da Cunha (General Theory of the State), Lauro Savastano (Introduction to Law), Silvio Pereira Cerqueira (Financial Law), Wenceslao Milton (Criminal Law) Aristides Campos Cunha (Commercial Law), José de Souza Silver (Judiciary Criminal Law) Chirac and Georges (Criminal Law), all professors of the Faculty.
The classes only at night, were given in rooms Educandário Pestalozzi Foundation, provided by its President, Dr. Tomaz Novelino. In 1960, he transferred some dependencies for the Faculty of Education Institute "Torquato Caleiro" (Rua Libero Badaro), then shortly after he moved into the building, then newly built, for the State School "Homero Alves "Volunteers at the confluence of the streets of France and Judge Jose Affonso de Carvalho. In 1967 the course became legal work, always provisionally, in a pavilion of the College of Our Lady of Lourdes, which concluded its activities in Alcindo Conrad Street.
After all, when entering its eleventh year of existence, and has since September 20, 1966 transformed into a municipal company (Law No. 1441), the College won in March 1969 its headquarters and definite: The city received in donation a great area of the old "orchard of Nuns," in the quarters of Major Nicácio Avenue, and that was when the Mayor Helium Palermo (formed in the first class graduated in 1962) did build side by side, the buildings of the Faculty of Law and Economic Sciences.
Today under the direction of Prof.. Dr. Celso Euclid Berardo, reelected in 2008, serving until 31/12/2012, the institution had as directors, along its history, Drs Benedito de Freitas Lino (1958/1960), Alfredo Palermo (1960 / 1972 ) and (1976/1980), William Solomon (1972/1976), Olintho Santos Novais (1980/1984), Francisco de Lucio Tirzah (1984/1988), Flavio Fernandes Teixeira (1988/1992/2001/2004), William Wanderley Jorge (1993/1995) and Tristan Joseph Wellington (1995/2000).
In 1993 he created the course morning, started in 1994 with 75 seats, but in the following year, in view of high demand for school students, this number was increased to 130. Thus, as the 150 places have it arranged in a long evening course, the Law School annually receives 280 new students, chosen through competitive selection process conducted in the first half of January.
(Data taken largely from the article "Law School Franca outline History", authored by Pref. Alfredo Palermo, in "Verba Legis - Law Journal Faculty of Law in France", year I, No. 1, pp. 6 / 16).