University description (as per official university website)
The first steps towards the establishment of a School of Management Governador Valadares were given on April 15, 1970 with the creation of Civil Society "Mater et Magistra," formed by the Institute and College of the Immaculate Conception Ibituruna. Institutions represented by its directors and Father Theodore Sister Clara Arraiz Antonio, backed by a group of interested people of the city, built by Ary de Oliveira Rocha, Frei Agostinho, João Bosco Lage Murta, Murta Mario Marcius, Reinaldo Lopez, Geraldo Cruz Viana, Antenor Perim Neto and José Godinho.
It was concluded through various meetings, after careful and thorough studies need to implement a business school, given the demand for skilled personnel in this area, coming to complete, thus a gap in regional-level professionals higher.
The Civil Society "Mater et Magistra" gone to the implementation of the FACULTY OF ADMINISTRATION, officially created on September 23, 1971 and initially made your way teachers Marcius Mario Murta and Reinaldo Lopez, and working under the symbol FAE - Faculdade de Business Administration, College premises Ibituruna, granted free by its leadership. The first meeting of the Congregation held in February 23, 1975, when he was chosen Professor José Godinho Neto as Director of the School of Management, becoming Professor Mario Marcius Murta as Deputy Director and Professor Zelia Nunes de Brito as Secretary. Fulfilled all legal requirements, FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT Governador Valadares is authorized by Federal Decree No. 75513 of March 19, 1975, signed by then President of the Republic, Ernesto Geisel and the Minister of Education, Ney Braga. Former deputies Manoel de Almeida and Luis Couto greatly contributed in the process of authorization and recognition of college.
The first entrance exam was in April of that year of the first 120 to fill the vacancies of the course, where he first Governador Valadares we used the criterion of rank in the manner of the best and most advanced universities in the country. Enrolled 280 candidates for the exam in its entirety live in the city, due to a small advertisement at the regional and state levels. The results were reported by the press immediately after the completion of evidence, also an unprecedented event in time. The first classes began on April 5, 1975, with a framework for teaching to high standards in that context, where five teachers were masters and others possessing extension courses and specialization.
Among the first teachers were Ivanor of Tassis, Zelia Brito, Siva Santos Monteiro de Castro, Antônio Carlos F. Ferreira, Jose Bonifacio Mourao, Francis K. Shimabukuro, Oicilef Guerra, Carlos Alberto Almeida. The high standard of teaching was responsible for a frequency of students in classes of 90% and for high achievers in courses taken.
Today business management proposes that the professional to be able to assimilate its role as transformer of opportunity, which will develop the following skills:
· interpersonal communication skills and correct expression in specific technical documents and interpretation of the reality of organizations.
· Ability to use logical reasoning, critical and analytical, working with figures and mathematical formulations, establishing formal relations and causal links between phenomena.
· Ability to interact creatively with respect to different organizational and social contexts.
· Ability to demonstrate understanding of the whole administration, in an integrated, systemic and strategic, as well as their relationship with the external environment.
· Ability to deal with models of innovative managements.
· Ability to resolve situations with flexibility and adaptability in the face of problems and organizational challenges.
· Ability to sort activities and programs, to decide between alternatives and to identify and measure risks.
· Ability to select appropriate strategies of action to meet interpersonal and institutional interests.
To answer these skills the course of administration of FAGV offers future professionals in the administration of the following disciplines:
· Production Management.
· Human Resources Administration.
· Material Resources Administration.
· Management Information Systems.
· Financial Management and Budget.
· Administration in Marketing.
· Financial Accounting, General Management.
· Creation and Business Management.
· Business Costs.
· Philosophy and Ethics.
· Business Management.
· Institution of Public and Private Law.
· Tax Law, Welfare, Labor and Tax.
· Strategic Marketing.
· Commercial and Financial Mathematics.
· Financial Market.
· Research Methodology.
· Organization Systems and Methods.
· Operational Research.
· Planning and Business Strategy.
· Portuguese (with emphasis on technical writing).
· Organizational Psychology.
· Administration and Sociology of Organizations.
· Theories of Directors.
· Special Topics in Management.
The course duration is four years, divided into eight periods, with activities in addition to the above disciplines, contribute to training and student success in the direction of companies.
The course of Administration must accompany the development of Management Science in the world, that in recent years been incorporating concepts from other areas and to advance the study of organizations.
Full Curriculum works with a total of 2,880 classroom hours, distributed in 08 (eight) semesters as a medium term supply.