Instituto de Ensino Superior de Rond˘nia
University description (as per official university website)
The Community College of Rond˘nia - IESUR is an institution of higher education with territorial boundary of activity confined to Ariquemes - RO maintained by Educational and Charitable Christian Ariquemes FAEC, civil society, private law, with headquarters in the city of Ariquemes - RO, Rua Rio Negro, 2846 - Teixeira Jorge Jardim - CEP 78932-000.
The Charitable and Educational Christian Ariquemes - FAEC with headquarters in the city of Ariquemes, Rondonia State, constitutes a body of philanthropic and social welfare. His status is recorded in the Civil Registry of Legal Entities County Ariquemes - RO, with the order No 0186, in f. 143v Book No. A-3, dated 24 June 1993 and aimed at early elementary school.
The FAEC, since 2000, has been providing human and financial resources to provide opportunities for young people to follow their studies rondonienses also in third grade with the required quality, provided by the Ministry of Education. In this way, will certainly contribute to the improvement of life, not only of young Ariquemes, but also the city and the state of Rondonia.
More than the real motivation and presentation of opportunities for highly qualified human resources available, the true meaning of the creation of college courses in Ariquemes and region is to promote the development of progress in all social fronts, including able to generate develop alternative and diversified farming. In this development process, the goal is to settle the Rondonia and well integrate it into the physical and cultural environment.
The Community College of Rond˘nia - IESUR is established with the objective of delivering higher education, stimulating research in all fields of science and, by extension cultural, community service. According to its Rules of Procedure, these are your goals:
I - The training of professionals and experts in different fields of knowledge, enabling them to insert and professional sectors to participate in the development of Brazilian society;
II - Encourage the creation and development of cultural and scientific spirit of reflective thinking;
III - To provide the student with the conditions and resources for a comprehensive education, which includes human values, Christian, scientific and technological achievements of tradition and modernity, which should abide by the acts of their leaders and teachers, particularly in proper application and rigorous legal and regulatory provisions;
IV - Encourage research work and scientific research aimed at developing science and technology and the creation and dissemination of culture and thus develop an understanding of man and the environment;
V - Promoting the spread of cultural, scientific and technical, which are the patrimony of humanity, and to communicate knowledge through teaching, publications or other forms of communication;
VI - to foster the knowledge of the problems of this world, particularly national and regional authorities, providing specialized services to the community;
VII - Establish with it a reciprocal relationship;
VIII - To promote the extension, open to participation of the population, aiming to disseminate the achievements and benefits of cultural creation and scientific and technological research generated in the institution;
IX - Maintain relationships with similar institutions and research institutions, both public and private, national and international, for exchange of ideas;
X - Develop, promote and disseminate the science, the arts and technology through continuing and distance education.
The Community College of Rondonia underpinned its development and growth giving priority to quality education, based on four basic principles established policy for higher education: expansion, diversification of areas of performance, evaluation and qualification / modernization. Given these four pillars are your goals:
1. Expanding the supply of courses, continuing education and graduate, and deploy / implement extension programs and research projects, with awareness of their responsibility in this process, and more aware of yet that will grow with great competence and quality;
2. Diversify their current areas of practice, and to expand the offering of courses in the area of Health and Social Sciences and Humanities;
3. Keep under constant review by deploying its Institutional Evaluation Programme - PAI that with the possession of evaluative data, raise the academic community and critical responses feasible. The scientific spirit requires the ability to learn to learn in a continuous process of education.
4. Guide their educational offerings with a good standard of quality, paying regard to the society of their actions, to meet your desire for knowledge.
5. Maintain programs for teacher training and technical-administrative as well as offering incentives for continued training in other similar institutions, domestic and foreign.
6. Devoting special attention to its technology, to keep it current and appropriate to the needs of the academic community.
In establishing criteria and standards for higher education and give wide publicity to them, the Ministry of Education reaffirmed the belief that education will always be a public law whose benefits are collective.
The flexibility of the curriculum, the result of extensive academic discussion, interdisciplinary studies, which makes the graduates able to cope more creatively, as well as the proposals of the courses and other academic activities, you will see that the will IESUR commitment to modernization, the future with continuing education, a proposal to form the citizen placed in the context of modernity.