University description (as per official university website)
There are currently 41 Universities in Mexico State. National Technological University holds within them a particular place either, its academic structure, geared specifically to the teaching of engineering, for distribution of federal character, which gives the possibility to be found in almost all provinces of our country. The academic structure enables you to get a close connection with the production system is extended taking into account regional needs which can be attached to answer for almost the entire national territory.
Research is taken by the U.T.N. as an essential aspect of university life. Therefore, it is done through Group Basic and Applied Research on issues related to the needs and characteristics of the local productive system. Thus, the transfer of knowledge generated by the university to society is live and in response to specific needs.
It was through Law 13,229, enacted on August 19, 1948, which is implanted to the CBC Laborers Apprenticeship and Training in schools under the National Commission on Learning and Vocational Guidance, (technical training courses) to provide relevant technical and industry expertise.
In Chapter II of the Act, provides for the creation of the National Workers' University and Higher Technical Education Institute, under the National Commission on Learning and Vocational Guidance, in order to become fully professional class background, designed to meet the needs of the industry.
In the beginning, then, the graduate was given the title of Engineer Factory in the relevant subject.
On October 7, 1952, by Decree 3014, approves the Regulation on Organization and Functioning of the University.
In 1953, he began to teach courses in the Regional Colleges of Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Mendoza, Rosario and Santa Fe
And since 1954, where he joined the Regional Colleges of Bahia Blanca, La Plata, Tucumán and Avellaneda.
Law 14,855, enacted on October 19, 1959, disaffected with the National Labor College as a member of the National Learning and Career Guidance. This means that since the penalty function built into the system of autonomy currently owns and his name shall be that the University is today, ie, National Technological University (NTU).
On August 31, 1962, the University Assembly approved the first Statute of the UTN, which by then had only eleven (11) Regional Colleges. The statute was revised and updated in July 1986.
The Argentine Congress approved Law No. 23.068 (June 1984), aimed at normalizing the National Universities, seriously affected by measures taken in all fields by the de facto government. This law lets you start the work to restore the UTN all the creative force needed to resume its role in the reconstruction of higher education.
In December 1986, the National Technological University, re-elect their own authorities through the University Assembly.
All universities have a role in society, the National Technological University, is recognized as an educational institution of higher education that is specific mission to create, preserve and pass on the art and world culture in the field of technology.
Currently has 29 academic units (22 and 7 Regional Colleges Academic Units) distributed along and across the country.
Facultad Regional La Plata, created on September 24, 1954, as a need of the time, immersed in the cultural and social transformations.
Originally it worked poorly in school facilities and later Mary O'Graham National College.
Community giving the first fruits of this new educational project, 15 young people were in the academic year 1958, the title of Engineering Technology.
On October 1, 1961, the National Government Decree No. 9035, transfers the property located at Calle 60 esq. 124 of the city of La Plata, with more than 77,000 square meters, taking possession of it on January 11, 1962. It should also be noted that the dream of home ownership could be realized only in 1966, thus contributing to the Government of the Province of Buenos Aires.
Today the Regional School La Plata, has a plant of 11,000 square meters and five decades of its inception, has provided the environment more than 2,000 graduates in different specialties, who with their knowledge and experiences have contributed to national development and will continue doing .