Universidad Tecnológica Nacional - Buenos Aires
Buenos Aires, Argentina
University description (as per official university website)
National Technological University - NTU - was created on October 14, 1959 by Law 14,855, integrating since then, the national university system. The National Technological University - NTU - National University and comes with the specific function of creating , preserve and transmit technical and universal culture in the field of technology, the only country whose National University academic structure is a central objective of engineering.
The institution had been operating since 1953 with the University's academic structure, already exist at the time the Regional Colleges of Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Mendoza, Rosario and Santa Fe, which joined - in 1954 - the Bay Regional Colleges Blanca, La Plata, Tucumán and then Avellaneda.
This activity was possible after 1952, and that Decree 3014/52, had adopted its Rules of organization and operation of University status.
After its creation, organizational and academic features continued to attract an increasingly large number of students, which led to the creation of new Regional Colleges.
On August 31, 1962, the University Assembly approved the first Statute of UTN, which at the time had eleven (11) Regional Colleges.
In early 1984, Argentina finally takes the path of institutional democracy. In June of that year, the Argentine Congress approved Law 23,068, aimed at normalizing the National Universities, seriously affected by measures taken in all fields by former de facto government.
The law in question allowed work to begin returning to the UTN whole creative force needed to resume his role in the reconstruction of higher education.
In December 1986, UTN choose their own authorities again through the University Assembly, being elected Rector Recalcatti Mr. Juan Carlos, who was reelected in 1989.
In 1993 the National Technological University renewed their authorities and the University Assembly convened for that purpose in December the same year chosen as Rector to Mr. Hector Carlos Brotto. Schools currently has 19 regional and 10 academic units, distributed in all regions of Argentina.
Since its inception - Law 14,855 of 1959 - has graduated more than 30,000 professional engineering careers.
Through Law 13,229, enacted on August 19, 1948, is implemented for workers in the cycle of learning and training for schools run by the National Commission on Learning and Vocational Guidance, focused on the second level technical expertise.
In Chapter II, art. 9 of the Law establishes the creation of the National Workers' University and higher technical education institution, under the said Commission, in order to be fully occupational professionals, designed to meet the needs of industry in Argentina. The graduate is awarded the title of Engineer Factory in the relevant subject.
For admission to the University was established that students, in all cases, should simultaneously develop an activity related to his course.
For nearly a decade there was a rapid development throughout the country for this type of education, which accompanied the industrial expansion of the few Argentina. This process required an ever deeper into the training of graduates, which resulted in major academic and organizational changes. These were officially recognized since 1952 by Decree 3014/52, which approved a new regulation of organization and operation of university matter, reaching the final status of National University Law 14,855 (Autonomy Act) of 14 October 1959.