University description (as per official university website)
The UP in numbers >
3,182 international students
23 academic publications themselves
51 countries represented
69 undergraduate and graduate Executive programs and programs
2369 national and international companies seeking work at the University search
47,300 volumes in the library
Palermo University maintains a continuing commitment to the creation and transfer of knowledge. Disseminated through various publications, innovative content and social impact. Among many others, artificial intelligence, neuroscience, higher education, and human rights are some of the recent areas of research.
Recognized as one of the most complete and modern in the Argentine university system, the library is the center of the academic activities of the university. In his collection are accessed directly through the automated online catalog system and open shelves.
Professional Development Department (PDD)
The DDP serves as a liaison between companies and students and alumni, who accompanies the process of professional development. Provides access to specific requests for use of leading and organizing the annual Business Fair.
Executives from the world of human resources provide workshops and seminars on professional skills, and graduates participate in mock interviews, which strengthen their insertion profile in the labor market.
Sports and Social Activities
Students may participate as both free practice activities in different disciplines, can join the team and compete representative intercollegiate. Tournaments are also inter-us football, volleyball, paddle, tennis, hockey and basketball.
The University organizes the Marathon UP in 4km and 10km versions, in which over 4,000
Vision and Mission
Under the rules of private universities in our country developed the University of Palermo and its institutional and pedagogical project from the Vision and Mission which are explained below.
Vision of the University of Palermo
The University of Palermo Argentina is an institution of education level, private, nonprofit, secular, multi-disciplinary and integrated into its region and the world.
His academic community committed to the future of the university as a vision shared by the University of Palermo is:
1. an autonomous university, conceived as an independent institutional academic, scientific and economic power and free from ideological influence, political or religious.
2. A university trustee of the tradition of humanism, science and culture community as part of the continuing concern for universal access to knowledge and truth.
3. A University that supports the democratic principles of equality and freedom, respect for human rights, ethics and justice, the practice of tolerance and respect for cultural diversity and rejects all forms of discrimination.
4. an integrated university in its midst, whose conception transcends geographical boundaries, extending their relationships, exchanges and activities to the world that affirms the vital need for interaction of cultures and participating in the growing internationalization.
5. A university that seeks knowledge as an end in itself and also to be applied to benefit society and those who possess it.
6. A university where ideas are developed and discussed freely in a motivating environment for the study, creation and achievement.
7. A University immersed in constant change and the explosion of knowledge that characterize the contemporary world, able to anticipate them and become a positive agent of these transformations.
8. A university with an interdisciplinary vocation that does not limit its field of action and reflection, in which a large number of disciplines that comprise culture in a broad sense and is composed of the humanities, arts, social sciences, basic sciences and technology.
9. A university whose main purpose is to provide top class education and quality, focusing its sights on the learner in order to strengthen their full potential, a college that offers training options, both on the model of education professional and liberal education - which includes various forms and levels - through flexible education processes that respect the right of each student develop a personal project.
10. A university educated men and women as well as efficient professional teachers and researchers, specialists and generalists with leadership skills, cooperation, creativity and autonomy, able to understand the global context and technology and committed to ethics and improvement ongoing personal.
11. A university that serves its internal and external community, institutions, individuals and organizations and companies that make up the economic fabric, always seeking to satisfy their needs.
12. A university which works to enhance knowledge, encourage technological development and academic professions, to encourage the emergence and dissemination of ideas, to promote research and encourage the creation, to generate innovation in processes education, so as to help identify and resolve issues that concern and affect society, contributing to the achievement of peace, sustainable development and improving the human condition.
Mission of the University of Palermo
The University of Palermo, in the philosophical framework that provides the vision of its future and the principles thereof, has as mission:
Train, teach in the grades and graduate, research and service to its academic community and society. Its primary purpose is to provide quality education, focusing its sights on the learner in order to strengthen their full potential and in the social sphere, contributing to the expansion of knowledge, the dissemination of ideas, integration of culture, the globalization of higher education and the changing contemporary world in pursuit of improving the human condition.