University description (as per official university website)
It was 1956
and, to the sound of what was happening elsewhere in the country (Buenos Aires, Cordoba, Tucuman and Salta, etc.) - germinate in the minds of young and active Santa Fe Catholic professionals the idea of organizing a Catholic university founded in the land Juan de Garay.
The headquarters of the Association of Professional Women, Calle San Martín 1683 - and the Law Firm of Dr. Osvaldo Stratta - Street July 9, 2824 - are the sites involved in the preparatory meetings, where efforts are turning endless days, where analyze and solve the difficulties .-
..... And then this utopia, begins slowly but feverishly translated into realities.
And that's how the June 9, 1957 is disclosed the Order of Freedom Institute Foundation Pro-Santa Fe Catholic University, by the then Archbishop of Santa Fe, Bishop Dr. Nicolás Fasolino.
In the Self is manifested the wish that the Institute will grow as the highest Catholic schools at all levels of science, in the Archdiocese of Santa Fe
Also, cite the first author, which are: Rector, Mr. Canon D. Jorge Funoll, Vice-Rector: Dr. Osvaldo Stratta; Directors: Mr. Fr. Ernesto Leyendecker; R.P. Juan M. Moglia SJ, Miss Dr. Sara Faisal, Mr. Dr. Alberto Molina, Dr. Leoncio Gianello and Mr. Dr. Eduardo Perez Llana, who is responsible for the drafting of the Statute.
Days later, on June 29, 1957, formally opened the doors of the Institute, with an inaugural event takes place in the Museo Provincial de Bellas Artes "Rosa Galisteo de Rodriguez."
That day, tired of months without schedules cleared, after the satisfaction of mission accomplished, in the faces of Drs. Osvaldo Stratta, Eduardo Pérez Llana, Sara Faisal, Alberto Molina, Gianello Leoncio, Jose Rene Mir, Fr. Ernesto Leyendecker and many others who generously contributed their share to realize the dream of ex officio directors.
One June 29, the first chair is occupied by Dr. Osvaldo Stratta and Monsignor Dr. Nicolás Fasolino, the latter with a lecture on "The academic tradition and the Church in the Rio de la Plata."
Teaching duties begin immediately, conduct classes in the Professional Women's Association of Calle San Martín 1683, who kindly gave their facilities.
The first courses and faculties were of Philosophy, Education Sciences, Theology, History, Literature and Law. In 1960 he created the Schools of Architecture and Economics. At the same time began its activities the College of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine of Hope, through an agreement with the Congregation of Divine Word, which would go to the jurisdiction of the Universidad Nacional del Litoral in May 1973. In 1967 was created the School of Soil Science, prior agreement with the provincial government, and the School of Cooperative .-
The first Board of the Commonwealth Institute is established with the following members: President: Rev. Dr. Nicolás Fasolino, Vice-President: Bishop Henry Prince, Secretary: Dr. Eduardo Perez Llana, Treasurer: Dr. Jose Rene Mir; Members: RP Juan L. Moglia, Cngo. Jorge Funoll, Fr. Juan C. Pautasso, Dr. Alberto Molina, Dr. Osvaldo Stratta, Dr. Leoncio Gianello, and Dr. Federico Cervantes .-
As Authorities Institute, accompanying Rector, Cngo. Funoll, delegates Organizers Sciences School of Education, Dr. Sara Faisal; of History, Prof. Inmaculada Puppo; of Philosophy, Fr. Ernesto Leyendecker; of Law, Dr. Alberto Molina, and Letters, Dr. Leoncio Gianello .-
The Institute is now a reality, and as such requires resources that the state provides. This approach leads to individual gestures that support in various ways that "creature" with great awareness engendered commitment to service .-
It then writes a page of honor in the new life of the university. It set out the Institute's Finance Committee and the Committee on Women, both in the daunting task of raising funds from a thousand different ways, including the conscription campaign of "cooperation partners of the University" .-
Teachers are also part of the Institute, vocationally dictate your hours of teaching, without requiring any compensation. But doubly remarkable is the attitude of the graduates of the Faculty of Arts of Rosario-dependent then the Universidad Nacional del Litoral, which nourish the plant mainly at the Institute, they give even-when their personal circumstances permit, to receive the demand for travel expenses from the southern city of the province until the Santa Fe de la Vera Cruz.
And this is how 1958 is transforming the face of an old house in Calle San Martín 1966, suitably equipped will open on April 15, 1959 as the new home of the University.
In March 1958 an Administrative Secretary is appointed to meet and organize a movement of papers being increased day to day.
At the same time there is the resignation of Canon Funoll, and is designated as his replacement Fr. Andrés Reghena, which for just over 10 years, until July 1968 - carries the Rector of the Upper House of Studies.
Authorities, teachers, students, curricula, an administrative secretary ,.... but there are no books and no money to buy them. However, the Library is due soon with more than 10,000 volumes, thanks to the fundamental-input-single-but not Ms Salome Freyre de Iriondo.
And that same library will receive years later these valuable examples that Ms. Dona Maria Lola López Stratta Jordan, wife of early late founder of the University, Dr. Osvaldo Stratta. Pride excited about books that listened attentively from the Law Offices of Street July 9, 2824 site of the first meetings, the dreams of a Catholic school, and now part of a complete reality, since its essential function of transmitting knowledge.
And behind it all, still in official dispatches the necessary steps to realize the intended purpose: a recognized university.
And this is how the October 20, 1958 gives the provincial Legal Status by decree No. 11 647 and months later, on March 30, 1959, formalizes the Founding Act and Statutes of the work, under the name " Catholic Institute. "
And finally, on August 15, 1960, by Decree No. 9621, having already established by law No. 14,557-recognized University of Personality, authorizing the Institute to issue academic degrees and diplomas in the name of Catholic University Santa Fe, from the schools to work - from then on, as faculties can operate at the headquarters of Calle San Martín.
We and the Faculty of Education fulfills its activities in the Nursery Home and later at the College Adoration. Meanwhile, Law and Economics met its first activities in a house located in street 25 May 1900, where then will the Colleges of the Immaculate Conception (Jesuit) and Jobson (Lasalle Brothers), respectively.
And those years of Catholic laborious, are marked by events that demonstrate the courage and the profound solidarity that throbs and keeps the university at the time.
In this building 25 May 1900 where they work for a while Law and Economics, the counter of the Administrative Secretariat compose an old door, carefully painted and placed horizontally, and two columns of books that maintain it. In addition, the furniture of the Faculty is composed mainly of chairs and tables that provide authorities, teachers and students.
And in 1963, the Rector must travel to Europe, invited to study the situation on the ground university "Old World."
In the city of Santiago del Estero was created by the Brothers of Our Lady of Mercy University Institute San José, with degrees in political science and social and business administration. The Institute relied on the Catholic University of Santa Fe from 21 June 1963 until the date August 27, 1969 had autonomy and official recognition from the Catholic University of Santiago del Estero.
A resignation in mid-1968 and assumes Reghenaz Canon Chancellor Dr. Alberto Molina .-
In August 1970, Dr. Molina resigns and is appointed Rector Humberto Terrizzano Architect, which is a leadership team composed of three Secretaries-economic-financial, academic and coordination, which then adds a fourth-and Student Affairs graduates.
In 1970 the dispersion of the Schools, which operated in various locations in Santa Fe, plotted against the maintenance of authentic university community, should be borne in mind that had grown significantly the number of students and teachers .-
And then begins the "Adventure of the new headquarters," the illusion of concentrating all activities in one building, the dream that the new Santa Fe Workshop, located in the Villa de Guadalupe is home to the family Catholic University.
Two students are to some extent the "fathers" of that adventure, that idea that "promptly picked up by the architect Terrizzano-is accepted by the Board of the University, chaired by Bishop Don Vicente Zazpe.
At the request of the then Rector, Arch Humberto Terrizzano establishing an Honorary Advisory Committee that will be responsible for preparing a master plan for development of road building and advise the Chancellor Echagüe in aesthetic and technical aspects, composed of Architects. Hernán Busacca (teacher), Raul Rafaghelli (graduate) and Mr. Jose Gamez (student).
And in March 1971, begins the journey from San Martin street, until the new headquarters Guadalupe, transfer is done with military trucks with their hands and efforts of students, teachers and not teachers.
A real human chain carries books from a truck through the long corridors and stairs of the restored building, to its final destination: the library.
... And then this utopia, begins slowly but feverishly translated into realities.
In March 1972 he resigned the Architect Terrizzano, appointing in his place the architect José Juan Carlos Artoni, who accompanied the architect as Vice President Baldo Baldi.
In April 1972, Economic Sciences Complex is moved to Guadalupe, and a year later occurs the same with law.
May 1973 is going to the College of Agriculture and Veterinary passing the orbit of the Universidad Nacional del Litoral.
In February 1974 the resignation of Artoni Architect, gives rise to the appointment as the new Rector Dr. Juan Carlos Further, during which management will reap the benefits of Social Work OSPLAD for non-teaching staff.
In April 1974 he appointed Dr. Mabel F. Mosca Arteaga as Vice Chancellor in charge of the Academic.
June 1975 records the resignation of Dr. More, and the appointment as Rector of Dr. Leo Hillar Puxeddú, who obtained confirmation as Vice Chancellor, Academic Secretary to functions, by Dr. Mabel. F. Arteaga Mosca. Dr. Leo Hillar Puxeddú, performs his duties until December 31, 1979 .-
And so began a new phase, to overcome certain conflict situations in previous years, the sound of what happened in Argentina society, were all not only in Catholic but in all Universities.
As a first step is re-established financial Economic Secretariat, responsible for appointing the Public Accountant Peter Moro, who is authorized to establish working bodies, to allow for orderly expansion of Guadalupe Complex.
Also nominating Dr. Maria Delfina Barreiro as Secretary General of the University, and was later replaced by Dr. Marta Olmos.
Meanwhile, from the Academic is looking an increasingly perfect implementation of the academic model, there is the total concentration of Soil Science Faculties to move the Guadalupe complex.
Areas for education common to all races of philosophy and theology give rise to the Training Department. At its heart is born the Pastoral Zone and Sports Zone (now apartments). Also today will shape the Vice-rectorships: Academic and Training, there is the opening of the Chapel of the University, serving the entire Catholic community.
The specific policy works at the opening of new shops in Architecture and administrative offices and classrooms in the rest of the complex.
Pride is also the inauguration of the Soil-specific laboratory for modern comfort, and empowerment for the Library Reading Room.
With respect to the work of university extension, increase cultural promotion courses and graduate, along with a measurable amount of research projects submitted to the SECYT and Foundations in Europe and America, considerably raise the scientific level of the House for Advanced Studies.
But one of the most positive changes taking place at this stage, is the question of external relations at the University.
It produces, in effect, an active intervention in the Council of Rectors of Private Universities, CRUP.
In this regard, and within the orbit of croup, is participating in the First Congress of Education, Science and Technology, Mendoza, 1976, and the Science and Technology, taking place in Santiago del Estero (1976) and Salta ( 1977).
The University also hosts two major events. On the one hand, the First Conference of Theology of Catholic Universities (1976), whose conclusions deserve the applause and congratulations from Cardinal Garrone, Prefect of the Congregation for Catholic Education at the Vatican. On the other hand, the First Seminar on Higher Education (1977), a national meeting of the Private Universities, held with great success.
In the same vein, the university participation through the proxy to Salvador pair of FIUC meetings held in Valparaiso, while student representatives attend regular meetings and at the XI Congress of FEUCAL.
The year 1977 finds the University's celebration of its twentieth anniversary with a varied program of events, the largest of which takes place on 29 June with the presence of government, church, military and universities.
Beginning in 1978, implements the completion of courses Atmosphere, way before any other academic activity at the University .-
Since February 15, 1980 and until October 1, 1986, he serves as Rector of the University Mr. Rodolfo Carlos Calamante .-
Throughout the history of the Catholic University of Santa Fe have been edited several magazines and publications. Among the more regularly we can mention the Journal of law, Seat of Wisdom, published by the Department of Education, and the publications of Cultural Synthesis Cycle .-
In 1982, during the 25 th anniversary, opened a new wing on the second floor of the university. In the same year he incorporated the computer services and finally erected the central courtyard with gates and gardens.
As of November 12, 1986, assumed management of the Rector, the architect José María Passeggio, who will continue in that office for three consecutive periods of statutory .-
During his administration created the Graduate Department of the University, approved the amendments to the Academic Staff, through Resolution No. 415 of March 23, 1988, issued by the Ministry of Education and Justice's Office .-
There was the opening of the See Posadas, Faculty of Law. Agreements were signed with the College of Attorneys of the City of Rosario, the Humanitas Institute also the city of Rosario and the Institute "Antonio Ruiz de Montoya" in the city of Posadas. Missions .-
Also achieved a significant milestone as the signing of the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the non-teaching staff of the House .-
On November 19, 1998, takes office as new Rector of the Catholic University of Santa Fe, Dr. Osvaldo José Stratta.
In November 2003, Fr. Lic Gerardo N. Gale is appointed as the new chancellor of UCSF, a position which he occupied as interim vice chancellor in charge of the rector.
Following the aim of providing education to other parts of the region and country, in 2004 opened the extensions and Oberá courtly in Rafaela, which dictates the careers of Architecture and Law, respectively.
A year later, the Chancellor, Monsignor Jose Maria Arancedo appointed as Vice Chancellor of Education to Ms. Ana Maria Dutweiller.
In this period, the Rector, Fr. Lic Gerardo N. Galetto, communicates the decision to initiate the process of institutional self-assessment, which will lead to submitting to external evaluation.
The Board also approved the creation of undergraduate courses: Bachelor of Philosophy-Cycle-Degree, Bachelor of Environmental Science and technician in Economics and Management of Small and Medium Enterprises, and Graduate: Specialization in International Relations.
This year also concluded the first phase of expansion work in Posadas building industry.
Particular mention should the Implementation of Technical Cooperation Agreement between UCSF and CARITAS Santa Fe which is reflected in the construction of 26 homes in the neighborhood the Trunks. Project tasks and conduct are enforced by teachers and graduates of the Faculty of Architecture in the area of the Institute of Architecture and Urban Planning.
Regarding sports activities, Posadas Headquarters is hosting the Olympics XII National Catholic Universities Commission organized jointly with the Argentine Catholic University Sports, part of jaws.
In 2006 the Act was signed agreement between AVSI-CIDA-UCSF in the presence of Dr. René Mally, European Union representative in Argentina, for which UCSF is committed to incorporating the Centre for Observation and Monitoring Territorial Research Environmental (CIOMTA) to the permanent structure.
In December, our university signed with the National Assessment and Accreditation (CONEAU) the General Agreement for the implementation of institutional review process provided for in art. 44 of the Higher Education Act 24,521.
The Catholic University as a university, is an academic community, in a rigorous and critical, contributes to the protection and advancement of human dignity and cultural heritage through research, teaching and various services offered to local communities national and international (see Ex Corde Ecclesiae, n. 12).
Within this framework, it approaches to achieving the following corporate objectives:
Comprehensive training Christian and humanistic, scientific and professional in the evangelization of culture and human development.
Research in the theological, philosophical, scientific and artistic.
Construction and transmission of knowledge and values.
Linking and service to educational institutions and community.
We project our university as a community truly human in research, teaching and service should be characterized by:
Public presence, continuous and universal in favor of Christian thought aimed at finding the truth in all fields.
The integration between faith and reason from the dialogue between science, philosophy and theology.
An education that harmonizes the rich humanistic and cultural development with specialized professional training.
Careful management of service and support from the authorities and staff to the student and the university community.
Teaching research and community service, especially the weakest.
The pursuit of academic excellence in the training of professionals and researchers.
A free academic environment with the necessary respect for the human person and to search for the common good of society.
Our University adheres to the following values:
Spirit of freedom, charity and solidarity.
Creative promotion of knowledge.
Search, transmission and communication of all truth.
Searching for the common good and respect for the dignity of the human person from conception.