Universidad Blas Pascal
University description (as per official university website)
PART I: MISSION AND VALUES
Blas Pascal University is an institution of higher education dedicated to the education of students with a high level of professional competence, both in the field of knowledge and its application in the instrumental ("Knowledge and Know-How")
Way creative professionals, able to excel in an increasingly competitive market, respecting the values of solidarity and moral commitment to improving the quality of life and sustainable development of the country.
The UBP aspires to become agents of educational innovation and change in patterns of teaching and learning.
Our main goal is to provide quality training, which is achieved by working daily with this purpose in a framework of the academic and technological resources that make it possible.
Keeping our modern educational approach aimed at achieving a digital education, where the learning process is not concentrated only in the classroom, but is based on the concept of "Distributed Knowledge."
To train competent graduates to fit into the labor market.
Constantly incorporating new technologies of information and communication to the curriculum of the various races.
Owning a technological infrastructure based on the needs of students with modern tools and telecommunications.
ARTICLE 2 - Blaise Pascal University promotes the following values:
RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUALITY OF THE PEOPLE, TO THE SINGULARITY AND THE CONDITION OF GENERATORS SUBJECT OF KNOWLEDGE.
This value is promoted:
- Establishing clear rules.
- Keeping your commitments.
- Recognizing the mistakes.
- Establishing clear communication.
- Building trust attitudes.
RESPECT collective production of knowledge.
This value is promoted:
- Building relationships of mutual trust and mutual commitment to the necessary tasks.
- Generating fluid networks of communication.
- Seeking the success of the task team.
- Stimulating new ways and mechanisms for ongoing cooperation.
- Supporting innovative initiatives and fostering their development.
- Promoting critical reflection.
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE AND QUALITY.
This value is promoted:
- Proposing and supporting ambitious achievement.
- Striving for continuous training of teachers and students.
- Trying to meet expectations.
- Developing self-evaluation process continues.
- Building on the institutional actors provisions favorable to production changes.
- Seeking the effectiveness and efficiency in the performance of university work.
- Favouring meetings to exchange ideas and find cooperative solutions to the various problems they encounter every day in the institution.
INTEGRATION INTO THE LOCAL COMMUNITY, PROVINCIAL, NATIONAL, REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL.
This value is promoted:
- Generating attitudes that both receive needs and proposals based on identified levels of integration.
- Facilitating the exchange mechanisms between universities or institutions of higher education in our community, country, MERCOSUR and the world, offering our own educational experience while maintaining an attitude of openness to other proposals.
- Promoting academic and cultural exchange of teachers and students.
- Integrating international projects.
- Developing multicultural programs.
Born in the early '90s, Blas Pascal University and has passed nineteen years in the field of higher education. During this first stage, the team that led this project set out to build the foundations of the institution to grow and gain a foothold in the domestic and international markets with an educational quality and excellence.
The origin of Pascal University Foundation dates back to the existence of a tertiary level facility built to formal education, under the name "Pascal Institute (ISP) Ch 302. The PSI was launched in 1980, driven by a group of teachers from Córdoba, with a proposed curriculum-based educational innovations. The races that made up the first educational offerings belonged to the area of Computer Science, Mathematics and Administration. At that time lacked the means of Institutions of Higher Education that offered training in these disciplines, which are considered essential to address the technological and productive, it was shown quickly.
When we began the Blas Pascal University in 1990, the higher authorities decided not to proceed with open enrollment courses ISP, with the ostensible purpose of concentrating all academic and financial resources.
Blas Pascal University started its activities in distance education in 2000 with a series of objectives: to allow access to university education to people who can not join the system for economic, family, work or geographical; democratize access a university education and to avoid uprooting areas of the country are running out of young people, who migrate to cities seeking access to higher education and then to get your title back to their place of origin.
After 9 years, the UBP has become one of the top universities with undergraduate distance. Therefore, it has formed a network of 80 centers Technology Facilitators (CFT) which are distributed throughout Argentina. These CFTs do not have a formal role, but that broadcast educational provision in each region and make the provision of technological support for distance learners (PC, chat, Internet, satellite teleconferences) to connect with their tutors.
Since 2000 the International Relations Center has offered students of the UBP, the opportunity to study on scholarships at prestigious universities abroad. In turn, this area made agreements with fourteen international universities to facilitate student exchanges in the following countries: Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, United States, Canada, France, Germany, Austria and Japan. Thus, during their period of stay, attend classes and perform numerous recreational activities in order to bring them a deeper understanding of our landscape and customs and to promote academic growth.
In 2007, the Executive Branch, through Decree 130/07, was approved in final form to the University Blaise Pascal, to function as a private university, within the regime of the current Higher Education Act. In the preamble to the decree states that assessments have been involved and that the National Assessment and Accreditation (CONEAU) recommends providing the ultimate recognition, considering that the University has conducted academic and institutional development consistent with the principles committed when it was created, and "is able to exercise the powers granted by Law 24521 and its regulations at private universities with full recognition in the various aspects of academic management, administrative, and financial."
So the UBP is facing changing market requirements up to now it has about 7000 students, their modality and distance, spread out over sixteen graduate and technical programs in 5 universities. It also has a wide variety of continuing education (diploma, postgraduate, undergraduate programs, courses, seminars) Graduate School.