University description (as per official university website)
On 1 January 1986, created the Directorate of Colleges of the Army to coordinate the National Military College, the War College and Technical School, principal members of the higher education system in the Force. Back then there was the idea of transforming the management in a University Institute, a goal that could be realized in 1990 under Article 16 of Law 17,778.
IESE was created by Resolution of the Ministry of Education and Justice No. 2024 October 29, 1990.
The Rector of the Institute then took on the task of coordinating three academic units of vast experience, each with a strong institutional culture, tradition and a distinctive role within the Army.
The Military Collegium of the nation was founded on October 11, 1869 by the President's Office, General of Division D DOMINGO FAUSTINO SARMIENTO, through the enactment of Law No. 357, for the organization of an Institute for Training Officers Argentine Army.
Educational levels of the College have evolved in line with the requirements of the Argentine Army, being in their early days at secondary level and later transformed into higher non-university level and then enter the university level today.
In recent years women have joined the NMC since 1995 with the transfer of the Professional Nursing cadets from the Military School of Officers of the Combat Support Services, and from 1997 with its incorporation into the body of Command .
The creation of the Escuela Superior de Guerra, was framed in the context of the transformation process that emerged in the country between 1880 and 1886, during the first presidency of Lieutenant General Julio A. ROCA.
In Lieutenant General Luis Maria Campos, Minister of War, the War College he found his strongest drive.
The School was established on January 1, 1900. Since then he has made valuable contributions to the Army and the country, contributing to the renewal doctrinal topographic surveys promoting, directing and motivating major studies on National Defense Strategy and Military History.
Its foundation was not only resulting from the needs of defense, but also responded to the great wave that began educational finisecular Pedagogy Conference, 1882.
In recent years, according to a need to transfer knowledge to the civilian environment in pursuit of providing the community with a wealth of experience that can contribute to greater integration and growth, the War College developed an academic graduate as Master Strategy and Geopolitics and History of the War, and various university extension courses, open to the public.
The Technical School was established by Decree Nr 751, President of the Provisional Government of Argentina dated November 6, 1930, under the inspiration of then Tcnl MANUEL N. SAVIO, with the aim of training officers specialized in different branches of the Military Technical and enable them to get the most out of war materials and contribute to the resolution of problems relating to national defense.
Last seventy-seven, of their classrooms graduated more than 1200 military engineers. The quality of education received by these successive promotions of military engineers trained in the latest scientific and technological knowledge, possible technical and operational development of the Army, and also contributed to the growth of basic industries in Argentina.
By Order of the Ministry of Culture and Education 2768 Issue of October 19, 1992, authorized the entry of civilian students of both sexes to train professionals in various engineering careers, starting from studies of the academic year 1993.
Importantly, since its inception, the Rector of the Institute of Higher Education of the Army, not just the responsibility of Higher Education, which provides in the National University System, but is responsible for technical education professional military personnel Force.
Until 1995 the Chancellor ran a very small structure, almost confined to the Rector, the Academic Council and the Academic. But since 1995 the Law on Transfer of Educational Services, the Federal Law of Education and Higher Education Act forced to restructure the Institute to change its status and expanding its organization.
Given the existence of IESE and Instituto Universitario (covered by the Higher Education Act No. 24 521) Force opted for the approval of dependence of the Institutes of the structure and maintenance of educational and administrative relations with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Office. In this way, fall within the IESE, the six Military High Schools, the Military Social Institute "Dr DÁMASO RYE, NCO School" Sargento Cabral "and the Distance Education Service of the Army. Over the years since its foundation, the education offered by these institutes was adjusting to the changes both within the Army Educational System and the National Education System.
Regarding the formation of NCO, PEN Decree of 13 December 2002 establishing the Army Officers School "Sargento Cabral." Is a merger of two historic Officers' Training Schools. NCO School "Sargento Cabral," originated in 1881 as Corporals and Sergeants School of Artillery, which granted until 2002, the degree of Cabo de las Armas Bachelor's degree in addition to the National School for Combat Support NCO "General LEMOS" which had its origins in 1939, when it was created on December 20, "The Training Center Auxiliary Army Corps, until 2002 granted the rank of corporal and Specialty Services, in addition to Técnico.
Today the Army Officers School "Sargento Cabral" shape the future of the Corps Command NCO of the specialties and services that make up the permanent cadre of the Force, to meet the objectives set and help fulfill the mission of the Army. "