University description (as per official university website)
Norfolk VA College Campus
Norfolk Va College
Our Centura College Norfolk Campus offers a degree in medical or dental assisting and diplomas in practical nursing, medical billing and coding and dental assisting. Our medical assistant program has specialties in management and clinical support. These different concentrations give students the opportunity to specialize or work in general in their chosen field.
Our teachers and staff at Centura College Norfolk are knowledgeable and offer quality education, service and support. Our goal for graduates is to prepare them for an entry-level position in today’s workforce or to advance the career of graduates who already have experience in an occupation.
Student Financial Aid
Welcome! There is a Financial Plan for everyone at Centura College. No investment in the future can pay higher dividends than the right type of education at the beginning of a new career. Those students in need of student financial assistance are urged to contact Centura as early as possible. Federal Financial Aid is available to those who qualify.
How You Can Afford a College Education at Centura:
1. Non-repayable Federal Pell Grants are available based upon financial need for those who qualify
2. Subsidized and Unsubsidized Federal Family Education Loan Programs at reduced interest rates are often available for those who qualify
3. If you will work and study at the same time
4. Veterans of military service
5. Active duty military can participate in a tuition assistance program
6. Monthly payments from family who can help or your own personal resources
7. If your are a child or spouse of a deceased or disabled veteran
8. If your parents qualify for railroad retirement benefits
9. You may qualify for a competitive scholarship
10. If you are currently employed with a company that has a college education tuition reimbursement plan
For more information please contact Centura College about student financial aid today. We have professionals knowledgeable in admissions, financial aid, your college education and more.
Financial aid is financial assistance to students whose resources may not fully cover the costs of acquiring a college education. It consists of a combination of grants, low cost loans, reimbursement and other arrangements. Grants are considered gift aid and do not have to be repaid. Loans are funds lent to a student in order to help defray college education expenses and must be repaid. There are multiple sources of assistance beyond the Federal Title IV programs. All those in which the school participates, are discussed below; however, the student is encouraged to investigate any source that might arise. For instance, scholarships are varied and ever-changing.
Prospective students and their parents are encouraged to meet with a Financial Aid Officer of the school. Centura College is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education as a proprietary institution of higher education for the purpose of student participation in federal grant and loan programs. In order to be eligible for any of our programs, you must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress. Since all aid received from any Federal Family Education Loan Program must be used only for educational purposes, students receiving such aid must sign a Statement of Education Purposes, promising that the assistance received will be used only for expenses related to attending school. Applications for all types of financial aid are available from the campus Financial Aid Officer.