Ukrainian State Chemical Technology University
University description (as per official university website)
Chemical education in our country has a long history.
Even in 1916 Academician L. Pisarzhevskyy and his students organized in Yekaterynoslav (now Dnipropetrovsk) Chemical Department at the Higher Women's Courses.
In 1921 in Katerinoslavsky Mining Institute was opened by the Department of Chemistry email, headed by L. Pisarzhevskyy.
In 1925 the metallurgical department of the Dnepropetrovsk Mining Institute was created for Chemical Technology department, which had at that time, two trends: technology of solid fuel and metallography. In 1928 it converted to a branch of Chemical Engineering Department.
Finally, May 15, 1930 at the initiative of the faculty for teaching. L. Pisarzhevskoho and prof. OI Brodsky and Prof. PT Rubin helped create new independent institution of higher education - Dnepropetrovsk Chemical Technology Institute (DHTI). This date is considered the official birthday of our university.
Immediately after the creation of work went into DHTI known scientists LV Pisarzhevskyy, A. Brodsky, Y. Kite and others.
The first director of the institute was PT Storozhuk. After him in pre-war years led DHTI BT Byelokopytov (1932-1937), MI Savin (1937-1941), NM Bychkov (1941).
The newly created institution of higher education in terms of rapid development of chemical industry trained specialists-technologists for industrial south of Ukraine and the Soviet Union. First Issue of experts was held in 1931
In the early 30's at the institute had two faculties: Technology with a specialty "Coke" and faculty from the basic chemical industry, "Production of acids and alkalis. In 1933 the Faculty of Engineering was established with specialty equipment of chemical plants.
In 1938-1939 he worked in DHTI 6 professors, 45 associate professors, 40 assistant professors. At present the Institute has become known high school, which trained specialists for chemical industry. The decision of the Council of People's Commissars of the USSR in 1939, the institute was moved to second and third category to the right of awarding academic degree of Candidate of Sciences departments: analytical, physical, organic chemistry, technology of organic substances and technologies pyrogenic processes.
In 1934 the Department of Physical Chemistry under Professor DHTI OI Brodsky first time in science received a heavy isotope of hydrogen (heavy water), which gained it fame Institute of powerful scientific establishment of the country.
The rapid development of the institute was interrupted by WWII. In 1941 DHTI evacuated in Kemerovo (Russia), where he worked as a defense company to produce bottles with incendiary mix to the needs of the front. Great value for the production of weapons during the war were working MA Loshkarova hydrometallurgy of nickel and cobalt. Professor VI Dal successfully rozv'yazuvav important task a substitute for mineral oils. Reduced staff of teachers headed AI Karasik. In evacuation teams up with university RUBEZHNOYE Institute of Chemical Technology.
In May 1944 the institute came back from evacuation in Dnepropetrovsk, recovery begins buildings destroyed during World War II. In the first year the early postwar academic year 100 students were enrolled. The same was and senior courses.
With 40 years of the last century DHTI in Ukraine is the only higher education institution chemical profile.
From 1944 to 1950 of the Institute MI Savin.
During the years 1950-1972 served as rector DHTI corresponding member of USSR Academy of Sciences, D.Sc., Professor MA Loshkarov, who became the founder of world famous scientific school halvanohimiyi. The institute, new departments and faculties (technology of organic substances, inorganic substances technology, high technology materials, technology, silicates, Correspondence School). For a significant contribution to science professor MO Loshkarovu was given the honorary title of Honored Worker of Science and Technology. Professor V. Goods and GA Fomichov were USSR State Prize Laureate. A significant contribution to science and development DHTI as a powerful educational and scientific center made corresponding member of the Kazakh SSR VV Standers.
In these years the institute was conducted active construction: there are new educational and research buildings, dormitories, sports camp, "Oak Grove". In 1969 - 1970 school year, the institution operated 32 department, then worked in DHTI 367 teachers, including 17 doctors and 171 candidates. During 1972-1983 he headed the Institute Ph.D., Professor E Parkhomenko, founder of the school plasma, which in 1983 was appointed Minister of Education of the Ukrainian SSR. During these years DHTI significantly expanding fields of scientific work produced doslidnitski industry research laboratories. Building a Museum of the History Institute of Chemical Technology, erected buildings mechanical department and two new dormitories. In 1978, for notable achievements in chemical science education Dnepropetrovsk Chemical Technology Institute, was awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
In 1984-1998 he headed the University professor, Honored Scientist of Ukraine YI White. In 1993 DHTI received university status and became the Ukrainian State Chemical Technology University (UDHTU). In 1994 the University was established Research Institute Halvanohimiyi and Research Institute of Biotechnology, Faculty of Economics opened, which trains professional economists for the chemical and other industries. During this period, built a new school building of faculty of technology of organic substances and one of the best sports complex in Ukraine. Since 1998 the University is headed by Dr., Professor, Honoured Scientist of Ukraine M. Burmistr.
In September 2002, at the University of Chemical Technology created Lyceum. In 2004 he went to the UDHTU Dnieprodzerzhinsky Industrial College. To support the learning process were established teaching and research center, publishing and printing complex and information-computer center. The university issued Journal issue of Chemistry and Chemical Technology. Scientific and Technical Library - one of the leading libraries in the region with the fund, which has about 1 million copies. UDHTU has an advanced research of two research institutes, the problem laboratories, 12 research laboratories, Department of NAS of Ukraine together with IONH National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the Ukrainian branch of science and technology center.
In 2005 UDHTU said 75-year anniversary. Since 2006 the University has received the official name of the State university, Ukrainian State Chemical Technology University. In recent years the university more than 60 thousand highly qualified specialists. Of these, 50 are academicians of various academies, and 15 - the winners of state prizes. University professors published more than 300 books, textbooks and monographs. Currently UDHTU - a specialized wide-Chemical Engineering higher educational establishment of Ukraine as a powerful world-known research center.
Currently there are 9 faculties UDHTU (including six full-time faculty), 39 departments. The University has more than 480 teaching staff (including 48 doctors and professors), students of all forms of education is more than 8800 people. In 2008 the University was released 3149 specialists, including 128 masters, specialists in 1469 and 1552 bachelors.
The university actively working three specialized academic councils of thesis defending for the degree of doctor and candidate of sciences.
In July 2008, the State university, Ukrainian State Chemical Technology University of accreditation for higher IV level of accreditation.
Consequently, staff members and students UDHTU able to successfully solve complex problems of today and with confidence about the future.