University description (as per official university website)
Each school in our city - a place of continuous movement, which is always the feeling of youth and energy. Universities are changing inhabitants, the quality of teaching and the names, but remain unchanged pages of history who remember the wall and know only a few people coming to favorite building for many years
History of the Kursk State University began in the late XVIII century and is connected with the name of Frenchman Renedo. In 1794, during Catherine's reform school, he took Russian citizenship, and opens in Kursk private boarding school for young ladies. The building is an educational institution located on a Moscow street in a two-story house with a wing. At this time, the hostel accommodated 30-40 young gentlewoman.
In 1860, private boarding school was transformed at the Mariinsky Academy of first discharge. Similar educational institutions in Russia was a bit: Orel, Kharkov, Voronezh, Novocherkassk and ours, is not traditionally called the location, and in honor of his ward - the Empress Maria Feodorovna. Thanks to the efforts of the Director, a member of the board of trustees Dmitry G. Zhavoronkova, the establishment of the school become a national cause. With the help of charity parties, raffles and concerts were collected a huge sum for those times - 4000 rubles. The money was acquired more spacious building (home of the former chairman of the Kursk Exchequer Teleshov), equipment in classrooms, furniture, scheduled salaries for teachers.
May 27, 1901 on the street Florovsky (now Radishcheva) was solemnly laid a new building, which was built under the architect Baumillera for two years. Effective from 17 December 1902 Marian gymnasium has become a cultural and educational centers of the city and province.
After the revolution, in 1918, the school received the status of teachers' institute. The newly established university repeatedly reformed, improved and changed the name. January 4, 1919 Kursk Teacher Training Institute was transformed into the Pedagogical. At this time, open bio-geographical, literary, artistic, physical, mathematical, verbal-historical and pre-school faculties. They are preparing school teachers stage II, teachers work with agronomic bias and caregivers of preschool children's institutions.
After capturing the city of Kursk troops of General Denikin in September 1919 Institute temporarily ceased operations. However, in early 1920, exactly a week after the removal of the Whites from the city, he again resumed its work and was called the Institute of Public Education. In the school operated History and Philology, Physics and Mathematics, agronomic and pre-school faculties, which enrolled about 650 students and employs 50 researchers. Agronomy Department was preparing for schools Level II. April 8, 1921 general meeting of students of the faculty made a decision to transform the Agronomy Faculty of practical agricultural institute.
September 22, 1921 by order of Glavprofobra Kursk Institute of Education again becomes Kursk Pedagogical Institute. Finally, March 14, 1922 it was renamed the Kursk practical Institute of National Education (PINO). However, this reform did not last long. For July 30, 1923 by order of the board Glavprofobra Kursk PINO was closed, senior students continued their studies already in the Kursk Pedagogical College.
In the summer of 1934 by decision of the RSFSR Kursk region separated from the Central Black Earth region as a separate unit. At one of the first meetings established at the same time of the Kursk Regional Party Committee adopted a resolution on the need to open in the city of Kursk State Pedagogical Institute.
Open with HEI was transferred to the building of the Kursk Pedagogical School, the street Radishcheva and City Council has earmarked space for dormitory students.
For July 22, 1934 People's Commissars of the RSFSR decided to open our city State Pedagogical Institute. The first current university faculties with a four-year colleges become faculty of history and Russian language / literature, accepted only I year about 200 students. At the direction of the RSFSR of Oryol Pedagogical Institute in the new school Kursk transferred students II and IV courses.
In the spring of 1935 from several leading pedagogical institutes of the country to give lectures in Kursk Pedagogical Institute, were seconded qualified researchers. Thus, the Russian Language Department of Novgorod came GV Denisevich of Yaroslavl on Department of Party History - NE Kudryavtsev OV Davydov, from Moscow - a professor of history of the USSR II Polosin. In 30-40-ies. for training the country invited leading scholars from Moscow, Leningrad, Kiev and Voronezh.
The first acting director of the Kursk Pedagogical Institute has been appointed the former head of the Pedagogical College SA Ladyzhenskii, the first dean of the Faculty of Russian language and literature - VS Bondarenko, dean of the Faculty of History - AA Lyamzin.
Young Pedagogical university begins to develop actively. In 1937 is the opening of the correspondence department, in 1940, when several chairs appear graduate school, in 1941, is published in the first collection . If the 1934-35 school year, the institute had only 30 full-time teachers, then by 1941 their number increased almost threefold.
In 30-ies at the Institute operates pedrabfak, whose head was a student of the History Department, GM Emelianov. In 1936 the first graduates of the working faculty in 1937 - the second and last.
During the first years of the Kursk Pedagogical Institute has serious organizational and financial difficulties. To complete the work lacked benefits, furniture, equipment and well-equipped classrooms. The library fund was so small that it could not meet the needs of students in learning and literature. The development of the institute had a negative impact frequent change of its leadership: four years of work (1934-1938 Gg.) As director of the university was visited by five people. Due to numerous problems add two floors above the body education institution (st. Radishcheva, 33) and the construction of two dormitories (on the streets of Gold and Gogol), were completed only in 1938
By the beginning of the Great Patriotic War, all university faculty are predominantly staffed by teaching staff and had experienced managers. If in 1937 - 38 school year, the institute employs 35 researchers (including 4 professors, 19 associate professors and candidates of sciences, 12 professors and assistants), then in 1940-41. their number increased to 80.
The Institute has systematically shown films, conducted the evening of amateur performances. Students performed concerts in the sponsored military unit, and at the polls. Students enjoyed great song and dance ensemble, working drama, choir, dance and music clubs, literary evenings were held. During the summer holidays, students went on excursions to Moscow and Leningrad. However, particular attention was paid to the military-sports activities.
During the prewar period (1934 - 1941 years.) Kursk Pedagogical Institute released a teacher of history and Russian language / literature in 1553 the number of people (with higher pedagogical education - 777 people with incomplete higher education - 776).
In October 1941 the institute was evacuated to Sarapul Udmurt Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic, which had to move all neushedshim the army faculty, staff and graduates of the university. Here and took the latest release of 40 students from pre-war set, after which the institute is temporarily closed. Evacuees teachers and students participated actively in the political life of the country, worked in schools in the Republic and Izhevsk Pedagogical Institute.
Return of the institute in his native city (1943g.) marked yet and the emergence of the Department of Geography. After the war, and physics, Faculty of Mathematics and the Faculty of Foreign Languages.
In the postwar years, the oldest university became a center of training for the Kursk region, and in some specialties - and for the whole of the Central Chernozem.
In the 70-80-ies. The Institute prepares teachers for Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Chechnya-Ingushetia. The main challenge in improving the educational process of high school was working to strengthen ties with the school, technical equipment of laboratories and classrooms. From simple benefits of the prewar and postwar Institute, stepped up to language laboratories, and television complex, computerization. Learning process is more practice-oriented education and vocational schools. In the 70-ies. the university was established 14 standard classrooms, in the 80 - generated about three hundred manuals for teachers.
In 1984, for a fruitful long-term job training for national education and in honor of the fiftieth anniversary of the founding of Kursk State Pedagogical Institute, was awarded the Order .
In the difficult financial conditions of post-Soviet time, the institute has not only not reduced the pace of development, but was recognized by the Ministry of Education fastest growing university in Southern Russia. Were created unique classrooms, labs and computer classrooms (lab intensive methods of teaching foreign languages, computer center, Guidance Center, which is used extensively in the educational process and provides assistance centers for employment of the population).
From 1994 to raise their status to pedagogical university, our university successfully carried out pre-university, higher professional and postgraduate education. The situation was a flexible system of selection and training of students, professionally-oriented teaching profession. This was facilitated by different types of schools: grammar school and high schools with in-depth study of a number of subjects, Teachers' College, Faculty of future teachers and the preparatory department. KSPU became one of the first universities in Russia, which has developed and implemented a package of educational and training material for innovative types of educational institutions. During 90-s post-graduate university expanded from 5 (which accommodated 22 people) to 24 specialties (205 graduate students). In the late 90's. University had the right to conduct educational activities for the twenty-six specialties.