Belarussian State Pedagogical University M. Tanka
University description (as per official university website)
June 22, 1914 - Minister of Education of the Russian Empire signs decree on the opening of the Minsk Teachers' Institute.
November 21, 1914 - inaugurated ment Minsk Teachers' Institute. At the ceremony attended by the Director of the Institute Dmitry Antonovich Stsyapura, Governor O. Girs, Vice-Governor NS Chenykaev, head of the Minsk Military District, Baron von Rausch Graubenberg, Bishop of Minsk and Turovsky Mitrofan and Bishop Slutsky Theophylact.
May 1918 - in accordance with the decision of the All-Russian Congress of delegates of teachers 'institutes Minsk Teachers' Institute was transformed into higher educational establishments with a four-year college.
1920-1921. - Due to the reform of teachers' institutes, a new type of teacher training institute - Institute of Education, which includes training not only teachers, but also preschool and after-school employees. Teachers' Institute gets new name - the Minsk Institute of Education.
September 23, 1921 - Minsk Institute of Education is transformed into Pedagogical Faculty, BSU.
1928-1931 years. - At the Belarusian State University campus is built, in which the pedagogical faculty assigned to 4 buildings, 2 libraries, as well as a hostel for 300 people. In
1931 as a dormitory resident 48% of students the Faculty of Education. Average grant amounts to 35 rubles.
July 28, 1931 - by order of the Council of People's Commissars of the BSSR Pedagogical Department of Belarusian State University was reorganized into an independent Belarusian State Higher Pedagogical Institute.
1936 - Minsk State Pedagogical Institute named after M. Gorky.
July 29, 1944 - SNK BSSR adopted the decision on resumption of activities of the Minsk State Pedagogical Institute named after M. Gorky.
1948 - at the Faculty of Foreign Languages MGPI created Minsk State Pedagogical Institute of Foreign Languages.
1972 - for excellence in teacher training and scientific activities of the Minsk State Pedagogical Institute named after M. Gorky was awarded the Order of Labor Red Banner.
1975 - based on the Library Faculty MGPI created Minsk Institute of Culture.
1982 - Moscow State Pedagogical Institute awarded the Diploma of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the BSSR.
September 8, 1993 - Minsk State Pedagogical Institute. Gorky was reorganized in Belarussian State Pedagogical University.
1991 - The opening of the museum SHR W. new exhibition presented to visitors February 26, 2007
1991 - BSPU was the only university of Belarus, which was opened a planetarium, presenting an accurate model of the sky.
1994 - held a solemn meeting of students and university employees with the President of the Republic of Belarus AG Lukashenko.
1995 - The Belarusian State Pedagogical University named after the national poet of Belarus Maksim Tank.
1997 - BSPU awarded honorary national flag of the Republic of Belarus.
2004 - in the foyer BSPU installed Foucault pendulum, which sanctified the Patriarchal Exarch of All Belarus, Metropolitan Filaret.
2007 - BSPU became a member of the Eurasian Association of Universities.
Our University - one of the oldest universities in the country. Due to historical traditions, it combines in its development Academic, openness and innovation.
Over 95 years of its glorious and rich history of University acquired a high reputation, has become a leading university teaching profile. Prominent scholars and educators, known scientific schools and centers, a high level of professional ethics and interpersonal relations, continuity of traditions and the possibility of transmission of the rich scientific, educational and life experiences to new generations - all BSPU today.
Our university is always ready to share experiences and receive industry-leading innovation, we are open to a fruitful and mutually beneficial cooperation on a broad educational space.
BSPU - a member of the Eurasian Association of Universities, and this fact shows the high quality of training, as well as on the possibilities of its integration into the international university community.
Our faculty is distinguished creative, innovative approach to their work and personal - to our students. Our main task - to form a new formation specialist, a man of active and spiritually free, full faith in their own strength.
We strive to ensure that the education received in our walls, consistent with the best standards and different classical university approach - the combination of fundamental, practical and pedagogical orientation. We take into account modern world trends in education to select promising model of development BSPU, in the center of which are our students - the future intellectual elite of Belarus. We are proud of past and present university, cherish his honor and reputation.