University description (as per official university website)
1919 Establishment of University of Agriculture in Brno with two faculties -- Faculty of Farming and Faculty of Forestry, while only the Faculty of Farming courses started.
1920 Faculty of Forestry courses started.
1922 Biological Research Station in Lednice established.
1923 School Forest Training Enterprise in Adamov acquired.
1925 School Farm in Žabčice acquired.
1939 Czech universities closed by the Nazis. Some university departments opened up to scientific research.
1945 University activities resumed.
1947 Viniculture and horticulture courses designed.
1950 University reorganized, Faculties of Agriculture and Forestry established.
1951 School Horticulture Farm in Lednice established.
1952 Faculty of Veterinary Science incorporated into the University of Agriculture. Faculty of Forestry transferred to University of Civil Engineering in Brno. Faculty of Agronomy divided into Faculty of Agronomy and Faculty of Animal Husbandry.
1956 University of Agriculture renamed the University of Agriculture and Forestry in Brno. Faculty of Forestry transferred back to University of Agriculture and Forestry.
1959 Faculty of Business and Economics established. Faculty of Agronomy and Faculty of Animal Husbandry merged to form Faculty of Agronomy. University of Agriculture and Forestry renamed University of Agriculture in Brno.
1969 Faculty of Veterinary Science separated from University of Agriculture to join the reestablished University of Veterinary Science in Brno.
1985 Faculty of Horticulture established in Lednice.
1993 Faculty of Forestry renamed the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology.
1995 University of Agriculture renamed Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry in Brno (MUAF).
2000 School Farm in Žabčice and School Farm in Lednice fused in to School Farm in Žabčice.
2008 Faculty of Regional Development and International Studies established.