University description (as per official university website)
Seinšjoki University of Applied Sciences is a multidisciplinary institution of higher educationand an efficient actor in education and R&D in the region of South Ostrobothnia in West Finland. The number of full-time students is 4700, academic staff 220 and other staff 200. Seinšjoki UAS has 20 Bachelor and 7 Master degree programmes. Three degree programmes are totally taught in English (BBA, Nursing and Master's Degree in International Business Management).
SeAMK provides education aiming at high-level professional qualification in the following fields:
- Social sciences, Business and Administration
- Natural Sciences
- Technology, Communication and Transport
- Natural Resources and the Environment
- Social services, Health and Sports
- Tourism, Catering and Domestic Services
In R&D activities Seinšjoki UAS has concentrated on the following areas:
- Intelligent and smart systems and logistics
- Developing innovative public services
- Culture and experience production
- Food technology and food processing
These areas of expertise are being developed based on regional and international needs and our special strengths.
Internationalization is a strategic aim of Seinšjoki UAS. We have about 200 partner universities in 44 different countries all over the world. Active student and academic mobility, R&D projects and international conferences are a vital part of our international activities.
Studies in Seinšjoki University of Applied Sciences lead to a higher
education degree equipping the graduates with the resources to
take on responsible tasks in working life.
The institute offers a total of 18 bachelor level and 7 master level
degree programmes in the following fields of study:
- Business and Administration,
- Technology, Communication and Transport,
- Natural Resources and the Environment,
- Social services, and Health Care,
- Tourism, Catering and Domestic Services.
The academic year has two semesters: from September to December and from January to June.