Philosophisch-Theologische Hochschule Vallendar
University description (as per official university website)
History and profile of the PThv
Since 1892, the Pallottines in Germany. In the same year they got to their willingness to missionaries in the then German colony of Cameroon to send in return, the Prussian government permission to establish branch offices in Germany and missionaries of the train. This permission was included, and theological educational institution to establish a philosophical. The Pallottines opened this educational institution in 1896 and they settled for a one-year provisional in Koblenz-Ehrenbreitstein half a century in Limburg for, where a large mission house had been rebuilt. Immediately after the war, yet in 1945, the provincial administration has decided to relocate to Vallendar School of Theology, the.
Until the 1960s at our institution only Pallottines were trained. In the 1970s, the educational mission of candidates to the priesthood was extended to lay theologians. 1979 received the university, the state recognition as a research university-maintained for the 'Degree in Catholic theology. "
By decree of the Congregation for Catholic Education, 7 October 1993 brought the university to the faculty with the financial statements diploma, licentiate, doctorate and habilitation (1996). The university has since been named:
Philosophy and Theology College of the Society of Catholic Apostolate (Pallottines), abbreviated PThv.
The Treaty of 12 October 2005 between the St. Vincent Pallotti gGmbH Friedberg and St. Elisabeth gGmbH Waldbreitbach both were members of PThv to gGmbH. Both partners agreed to in a university Faculty of nursing science to base. (Chronology of the nursing faculty)
In the winter semester of 2006 began the first students study for a Master of Science in Nursing Science. Currently is already the fourth Study group. In the spring of 2008 started the doctoral program may study the nurses studied her doctoral work. The PhD holders will then be used in particular in the research, development, consultancy and scientific teaching in nursing and health.
After the approval of the new constitutional structure by the Roman Congregation for Education, the Diocese of Trier and the Ministry of Science in Mainz could build the Grand Chancellor of the University, General Director P. Fritz Kretz, now the university with two faculties as "Catholic University".
As before, the university is oriented to the Pallottine the mission of their founder, all Catholics to make them aware their apostolic responsibility and to empower them for the universal apostolate. The "doing the truth in love" (cf. Eph 4:15) is impulse and imperative of theology and nursing science. The university sees itself as a scientific institution in which the coexistence of faith and life, of confession and testimony, of pastoral and social welfare work and reflects the theory and practice alike benefit. Here are to be trained managers acting in their ecclesiastical and professional environment such as "apostles." This "apostolic" Impetus shapes the theology as well as nursing science. The PThv understand the structure of nursing faculty as a realization of their Apostolatsauftrags and as a contribution to complement the Catholic and state educational landscape in the nursing field.