University description (as per official university website)
Who we are
We combine knowledge, structure and capacity in a strong community. The resources entrusted to us, we use creative, economically aware and responsible. We work in personal and technical networks - regional and international. We use our statutory mandate to actively provide us with competitive
Whom we address
Men and women we are opening the dimensions of education expertise, methodology, behavior. We actively approach people who want to educate himself and make. We seek contact with schools, the business community and institutions. We offer knowledge and technology transfer, consultancy and training - we encourage business start-ups.
What we do
We provide knowledge and education, independent and responsible action lead. We will solve practical research and development challenges our application-oriented teaching is based on scientific and artistic basis. To the positive development of the region and the country we are making our contribution to social responsibility.
How we work
We operate as a university team and decide with vision. We bring us one of our professional with skills, personal qualities and inclinations - equality we live. Our activity is understood as economic, cultural and social value for our society. We improve continuously our services and structures, our know-how and our actions. The reasons for our success.
The Schleswig-Holstein colleges are the first and thus the oldest universities in the Federal Republic. They were founded in 1969. Relating its predecessor institutions with one, so back the Fachhochschule Lübeck in a nearly 190-year history rich in tradition.
The roots of the Fachhochschule Lübeck to the year back to 1808. On 27 June founded the private company for the transport of Lübeck community service a navigation school. From this facility has developed the State University of Applied Sciences Lübeck and shipping. Until 1978, the Maritime patent captain on Big trip be purchased in Lübeck.
The second oldest predecessor institution of the University of Applied Sciences Lübeck, founded in 1896, the building trade. They later took the name of State School and State Engineering School of Civil Engineering Lübeck.
The youngest of the three bodies of the Fachhochschule Lübeck origin is the National Engineering School of Lübeck. It was established in Hamburg 1961st
1808 establishing a "school of navigation" by the private company to carry Lübeck community service as a predecessor of the former National Maritime School Lübeck
1825 takeover of the school of navigation as a public institution by the State of Lübeck with later renamed "Maritime School" in 1914
1896 establishment of a "building trade" as a predecessor of the former National Engineering School of Civil Engineering Lübeck
1905 Association of navigation school founded in 1892 by the Council and Citizens Seedampfmaschinistenschule Decision
1933 conversion of the building trade after obtaining the consent of the Senate in a "Higher Technical School of Building Lübeck"
1937 takeover of the two predecessor institutions by the state of Prussia
After 1945, ownership of the "Maritime School Lübeck" and the "Landesbauschule Lübeck" - from 1 April 1955 "State School Lübeck" - by the Land Schleswig-Holstein
1962 Commencement of teaching of the former Engineering School of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Engineering Physics "
1969 took the country along the three training institutions and transferred them under the name of the State University of Applied Sciences Lübeck and shipping in the university sector.
Since 1973, the university bears the name University of Applied Sciences Luebeck.
1969 establishment of the "State of Technology and Applied Sciences Lübeck shipping" from the first June 1965 renamed facilities:
National Engineering School of Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Engineering Physics Lübeck
National Engineering School of Civil Engineering Lübeck
State Maritime School of Lübeck, where it is the course to the captain of everything. (This program was discontinued in 1978)
1971 acquisition of a new building by the subjects of architecture and civil engineering
1973 renaming into "Fachhochschule Lübeck"
1976 beginning of the courses in the Department Public Health Engineering
1977 integration of the field of technical chemistry from Neumünster
1989 Perfect closing of the laboratory tower.
Establishment of the position of a commissioner for the technology transfer
1991 Commissioning of a second manufacturing and disposal of Mensa
1992 extension of the courses at the eighth degree Wirtschaftsingenenieurwesen
Establishment of an International Office election of the first full Frauenbeaufragten
1993 reorganization in the Departments of Natural Sciences with the departments of Engineering Physics, Industrial Chemistry and Public Health Engineering (also known as extra course)
Construction of the departments of Civil Engineering and Architecture
Electrical Engineering with the Electrical Engineering
Mechanical and Industrial Engineering with courses in mechanical and industrial engineering
Demolition of the laboratory tower
Handover of the building for laboratories of the physical technology
1997 handover of the buildings 17 and 18 as a replacement for the Laboratory Building