University description (as per official university website)
Yuba College is a coeducational, community college located in Marysville, California, United States. It is the main campus for the Yuba Community College District. It was established in 1927.
Yuba College is organized into the following departments:
* Applied Arts, Science and Technology
* Fine Arts
* Health and Physical Education
* Language Arts, Academic Skills
* Mathematics, Engineering, Science and Health Occupations
* Social Science
The College's sports teams are called the 49ers. The official mascot of Yuba College is 49er. The College sponsors baseball, basketball, football, soccer, softball, tennis, track and field, and volleyball.
There are a number of requirements that must be met before a student is considered eligible for financial aid.
The student must:
* have financial need (except for unsubsidized student loans)
* be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
* not be in default on a Perkins Loan, Direct Loan, National Direct Student Loan, Stafford Loan, Guaranteed Student Loan, PLUS Loan, or Supplemental Loan for Students (SLS)
* not owe a refund on a Pell Grant or Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
* meeting satisfactory progress (for financial aid)
* agree to use any federal student aid received solely for educational purposes
* have not completed a BA/BS degree (except for student loans)
* have a high school diploma, GED/proficiency certificate or pass the Ability to Benefit Test
* be enrolled in an eligible educational program of study