University description (as per official university website)
At Yo San University, we teach acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), including tai chi and qigong, and operate a professional community Acupuncture Clinic. We offer a Master’s degree in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine and a Doctoral Degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine. Our mission is to help students cultivate a healthy mind, body and spirit and to prepare them for successful futures as practitioners of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
75% of students at Yo San receive some type of financial aid. For most of the students, the major sources of funding are federal and private loans. To ensure proper financial planning for your studies at Yo San University, you should:
* Begin the financial aid process by completing the Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
* The Yo San University FAFSA school code is 030982.
* The quickest way to complete the FAFSA is to do it on the web.The web address is http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
* Applicants to Yo San University do not have to be admitted prior to applying for financial aid. However, an award letter will not be mailed until the applicant is admitted.
* Tuition and fees are due at the beginning of each trimester. For your convenience, Yo San offers a deferred payment plan allowing students to pay their tuition and fees in installments.
* Each year the Financial Aid Office determines the cost of attendance for the academic year. This includes tuition and fees as well as allowances for room and board, books and supplies, transportation and personal expenses.
* Student financial aid, including private loans, cannot exceed this cost of attendance.
* The Financial Aid Coordinator is available to help through this process. Give us a call at (310) 577-3000 ext. 18
Federal Student Aid
In-School Deferments for Federal Student Loans:
Yo San University is eligible to participate in student aid programs administered by the U.S. Department of Education and enrollment in the Doctoral Program at least half time will qualify the borrower for in-school deferments of Federal Student Loans.
Federal Student Loans:
Yo San University has received approval by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine to begin offering a post-graduate doctoral program titled “Doctor of Oriental Medicine program” (“DAOM”). Since ACAOM’s doctoral program reviews are not currently within ACAOM scope of recognition with the U.S. Secretary of Education, we can not use our ACAOM’s status to establish eligibility for Title IV financial aid for students in the DAOM program.
Non-Federal (Private) Student Loans:
Smart Option Student Loan
The Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan is a private, credit-based, school-certified student loan. Qualified students can borrow up to the full cost of their education, less other aid received, as certified by the school. Interest-only payments while in school and during the six-month separation period (grace period) are required. A creditworthy cosigner may also help you qualify and/or receive a lower interest rate.
Get Information/Apply: www.salliemae.com/smartoption
Call for Information: 888-272-5543
Only the highest discount for which you qualify will apply toward tuition.
• 10% Discount for YSU Alumni
• 7% Discount for two years of tuition paid up front
• 5% Discount for one year of tuition paid up front
• 5% Discount for YSU Faculty if they have taught not less than 6 units in the past two years.
Note: All credit card transactions will be charged a processing fee of $25 ($2000 transaction maximum).