University description (as per official university website)
About Western University
Campus Esplanade Walkway
Students Gathering on Campus
Combining a deep respect for patients with a commitment to training compassionate caregivers, Western University of Health Sciences is an innovative graduate university for the health professions dedicated to preparing you to flourish as a skilled, compassionate patient care provider.
As a WesternU student, whether you choose a program in osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, nursing, optometry, dentistry, podiatric or veterinary medicine, you will learn to collaborate with your colleagues in other professions to improve patients’ quality of life. You will also share common experiences, such as:
* Participating in early clinical experiences. Many of our students work with patients as early as the first semester, developing outstanding clinical and interpersonal skills.
* Working in a variety of clinical settings. WesternU students graduate with an enormous amount of patient experience acquired in settings that include underserved rural and inner-city group practices, managed care organizations and tertiary care hospitals.
* Volunteering in the community. WesternU students develop an ethic of service and learn to work in interdisciplinary teams by helping in international relief efforts, homeless programs and at community health fairs.
* Studying with faculty who are teachers, researchers, practitioners and mentors. WesternU faculty are committed to working closely with students to ensure academic and professional success.
* Developing interpersonal skills. All our programs emphasize “patient-centered” treatment and include studies in the social and behavioral sciences so students graduate with a keen sensitivity to patient needs.
Financing My Education
We are here to help you achieve your educational goal of becoming a highly skilled health care provider. As you explore financial aid and scholarship options, keep in mind that our promise of a student-centered education begins with the Admissions and Financial Aid processes.
Please contact us with your questions at (800) 346-1610 or visit the Financial Aid Web site for further information. To learn more about the benefits of a student-centered WesternU education, read President Phillip Pumerantz’s piece on Price, Cost and Value.