University description (as per official university website)
Victor Valley Community College uplifts the diverse communities we teach and serve by promoting educational excellence, enhancing local prosperity, and ensuring environmental leadership.
As a student-centered learning organization, we will uphold the following core values:
* Excellence - providing superior service and educational learning opportunities
* Integrity - guiding the college's actions with an internally consistent framework of principles
* Accessibility - facilitating access to the college's programs from other locations
* Diversity - valuing different points of view and contributions of all
* Collaboration - encouraging recursive interaction of knowledge experience and mutual learning of people who are working together toward a common creative goal
Innovation- providing creative approaches to learning problem solving and growth
The mission of Victor Valley Community College is to:
* Cultivate intellectual growth, social responsibility, environmental stewardship, cultural enrichment, and economic development.
* Create exceptional and accessible lifelong learning opportunities that afford students within our expanding communities the attainment of knowledge and skills necessary for success in the global economy.
* Embrace difference in our communities by integrating their wealth of multicultural knowledge and wisdom into a cohesive and resourceful learning environment for all.
* Inspire innovative teaching and service with imaginative uses of collaboration and technology, fostering vibrant programs that are measurably effective in addressing student learning and community needs.
Empower each student to learn by modeling academic integrity, democratic citizenship, and meaningful contribution to society.