University description (as per official university website)
* Offers internship programs
* Career placement assistance
* Small class sizes
* Received accreditation by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
About the School
American InterContinental University offers bachelor's, master's and associate degrees in a variety of subjects at several campuses and online. Programs are offered in Business, Engineering, Design and Media Arts, Criminal Justice and Information Technology. Master's degrees are available in Education, Information Technology and Business. The university has campuses in the U.S. and internationally. The programs available may vary by campus. The school is owned by Career Education Corporation.
* Associate Degrees - Programs are available in business subjects such as Entrepreneurship, Administration/Management and Small Business.
* Bachelor Degrees in the Arts & Humanities - Degrees are provided in Design and Applied Arts, Graphic Design and Design & Visual Communications.
* Bachelor's Degrees in Visual Arts - Programs are available in various fields including Fashion Apparel Design, Interior Design, Graphic Design and Photography.
* Business Degree Programs - The university offers business degrees in the fields of Entrepreneurship, Fashion and Apparel, General Business, Administrative Services, Management and other subjects.
* Technology - Offers curriculums in Computer Science, Software Development and Systems Administration.
AIU Los Angeles goes to great lengths to help students develop a financial aid package to suit their needs. Each student is provided with a dedicated Financial Aid Advisor who will personally walk them through every step of the financial aid process.
On this page you will find resources that will help you understand the available sources of funding, University Policies and your responsibilities as a recipient of financial aid.
American InterContinental University participates in a variety of financial aid programs. Eligibility for Federal financial aid is based on a number of factors. Regardless of your current income level or financial need, you may still qualify for student financial aid programs that can help you finance your education.
The first step in applying for financial aid is to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Once you have been accepted for admission to the University and completed the FAFSA, a Financial Aid Advisor will work with you to determine the financial aid options that you are eligible for. At AIU, we are committed to providing the best customer service and ensuring that you feel comfortable with how you will be funding your education.
What is Financial Aid
Financial Aid is federal, state, and private funding used to assist students in funding their education. Grants and scholarships are considered "Gift Aid" which does not need to be paid back. On the other hand, loans, referred to as "Self Help" have to be paid back. Loans come with numerous repayment options and attractive interest rates. The University also offers student employment which includes federal work study positions, either on- or off- campus.
University grants or scholarships are based on established criteria as published in the University's catalog and are awarded after verification that the conditions of eligibility have been met.