University description (as per official university website)
The University of San Diego is a Roman Catholic institution committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal and professional knowledge, creating a diverse and inclusive community, and preparing leaders dedicated to ethical conduct and compassionate service.
Chartered in 1949, the university enrolls more than 7,000 students and is known for its commitment to teaching, the liberal arts, the formation of values and community service.
Located on 180 acres overlooking the city of San Diego, Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean, the campus is a community treasure, with Spanish Renaissance- inspired buildings and breathtakingly beautiful landscapes.
USD offers more than 60 bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. The university adds depth to education by inspiring students to grow spiritually, morally and socially.
Mission of the USD Office of Financial Aid
It is the mission of the USD Office of Financial Aid to provide financial assistance in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner as well as to provide the best possible service.
• To seek funding for students from as many sources as possible.
• To provide guidance in the application process.
• To represent the needs of USD students who have documented financial need, especially those who are first-generation in higher education.
• To provide financial aid counseling for students and their families.
• To provide money management guidance.
• To provide accurate and clear consumer information regarding financial aid at USD.
• To ensure good stewardship of financial aid funds.
• To provide the USD administration with information it needs to make informed decisions about financial aid funding for USD students.
• To maximize financial aid available to USD students within the limits of each source of funding.
• To work cooperatively and communicate effectively with co- workers, staff in other USD offices and the community to serve the goals of the University.
• To strive to be the best Office of Financial Aid.