University description (as per official university website)
Where the school stands out most compared to other schools (details below):
* Many students concentrating in therapy and counseling, science, fine arts, liberal arts, drama and performing arts, computer science and engineering, security and law enforcement, engineering, and mathematics.
* Large number of students.
* Large number of programs of study offered.
* High faculty salary.
* Number of dorm rooms for students.
* High SAT scores (combined Verbal and Math).
* High male/female ratio.
* Racially diverse student body.
Other important characteristics:
* Faculty tenure system
* On-campus hospital
* Library on-campus
* Campus housing available
* Study abroad option
* Distance learning available
* Part-time classes available
* Athlete financial aid
Student enrollment was 26,483 in 2007-2008 (28,420 full-time equivalent).
About 43% of the freshmen class in 2008-2009 was male and women were 57% of the class.
Undergrads are 82% of enrolled students, graduate students are 17%, and those seeking first-professional graduate degrees represent 1%.
About 11% of freshmen are from countries other than the US. Students living in the US make up 89% of incoming freshmen.
Among freshmen students, 100% are full-time and 0% are part-time.