University description (as per official university website)
Welcome to Southern California Institute of Technology. Founded in 1987 by a team of experienced educators, our mission is to offer quality education to our students. SCIT is an independently run, distinguished college located in the city of Anaheim, California. We provide students with the opportunity for successful careers and fulfilling lives with an alternative approach toward education that emphasizes individualized attention and learning by doing. One indicator of the quality of our programs is the success of our over 8000 alumni.
The Opportunity We Offer
Success begins with opportunity. By offering our students an education that combines the heavy hands on training typically found in trade schools, the affordability of a junior college and the option to earn a bachelors degree, SCIT gives students an opportunity to:
* Earn a diploma and enter in their new career in 7 months
* Gain on the job experience while continuing school
* Pursue an advanced career by earning a bachelors degree
Our instructors offer a different approach to education based on years of experience and that promotes both academic and personal growth.
100% Student Commitment
The right attitude towards education at SCIT is necessary for students to make a positive step in their lives. Successful students are those that commit themselves 100% to fulfilling their potential. Our programs are designed to significantly benefit those willing to make the commitment.
We also make a commitment to our students: to continually strive to offer the academic foundation they need by providing quality instructors, modern facilities and equipment, first-rate curriculum and a disciplined environment. We are proud of and inspired by the accomplishments of our students and graduates and believe that their success is our success.
Eligibility Requirements (Am I Eligible?)
Eligibility for most financial aid programs is based on financial need and several other factors. Your eligibility is determined by the information you provide on the FAFSA.
Basic eligibility requirements include the followings:
* demonstrate financial need
* be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen,
* be registered with Selective Service (if required),
* attend a participating school,
* be working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program,
* be making satisfactory academic progress,
* not owe a refund on a federal grant or be in default on a federal educational loan,
* have a high school diploma, or a GED certificate, or pass an approved ability-to-benefit (ATB) test.