University description (as per official university website)
Scripps College was established by Ellen Browning Scripps in 1926. Situated on a 30-acre campus in Claremont, California, the college offers enrollment to more than 800 undergraduate and postgraduate students every year. In 2008, U.S. News & World Report ranked Scripps College the 27th liberal arts institute in the nation, and at the 4th position among women’s colleges.
Students of Scripps College are offered degree programs in the fields of American studies, Asian American studies, Asian studies, Black studies, Latino studies, media communication, Jewish studies, law, religion, science, technology and theatre.
The sports teams of Scripps College are known as the Athenas. The students also participate in clubs and organizations like the Asian American Student Union, Babes and Blankets, Bridging the Gaps, Cafe Con Leche, Economic Society, Feminist Majority of The Claremont Colleges, Hillel, Phi Alpha Theta-National History Honors Society, Psi Chi and Without a Box. The college newspaper is called “The Voice”.
My Financial Aid" Portal is here!
What is "My Financial Aid?" It is a student portal on the Scripps College Financial Aid website that allows you to view your financial aid information and status 24-7.
In order to use this system, you must have a financial aid record already established at Scripps College.
Changes to "My Financial Aid" student portal
We have added new security features to the "My Financial Aid" student portal.
* The use of the "Forgot your PIN" option now allows you to change your PIN online. In the past, it would email you your old PIN but would not allow you to change it. Now you can.
* The first time you log into the portal for the 2010-11 academic year, you will be required to click on the "First Time User" link.
* To activate your account, you will need to verify your identity and select two security challenge questions.
* Change your PIN. Your PIN must be at least 5 characters in length and cannot contain spaces. This security feature is very similar to security requirements for other financial banking institutions.
* If you subsequently forget your PIN, just click on the "Forgot your PIN" and start over!
* Access to the 2010-2011 academic year portal will be available on early February 1, 2010. We will send an email to you and your parents' when the 2010-11 portal is activated.