University description (as per official university website)
About Samuel Merritt University
Samuel Merritt University, originally founded in 1909, is a fully accredited health sciences institution located in Oakland, California. Samuel Merritt offers degrees in nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, physician assistant, and podiatric medicine. Samuel Merritt University is an affiliate of Sutter Health and Alta Bates-Summit Medical Center.
* In the past decade, Samuel Merritt University added five new programs.
* Student enrollment is nearly 1,200, with campuses in Oakland, Sacramento, San Francisco and San Mateo. Students represent all ages, ethnicities and geographical regions.
* Samuel Merritt has a strong reputation for personalized instruction because of its outstanding faculty, who bring impressive academic and clinical backgrounds to life-long learning, and a deep commitment to students and to the community.
* Samuel Merritt is the largest source of nurses and the only provider of physical and occupational therapists, physician assistants, and podiatrists in the greater East Bay.
* Because of Samuel Merritt's academic excellence, its graduates are heavily recruited, and have one of the highest rates of employment within one year of graduation.
* Samuel Merritt University graduates' passing scores on licensure and certification exams exceed national rates.
Financial Aid and Tuition
The financial aid office at Samuel Merritt University recognizes the financial commitment a college education entails. We do everything possible to meet the financial needs of our students. A college education is an investment in your future. The financial aid office encourages each and every student to choose the college that is right for them based on the excellent education offered, program pass rates and student loan default rate.
Samuel Merritt University strives to meet the institutionally demonstrated need of each student. The financial aid office is able to provide over 98% of its students with the proper amount of financial aid to cover the cost of tuition, fees and living expenses.
Samuel Merritt University has offered excellent healthcare educations for the past 100 years. Since 1970, the financial aid office has maintained a default rate of less than 3% and a zero percent default rate for the past ten years. This history confirms that our students graduate with the skills necessary to obtain high quality, high earning jobs and can afford to repay their loans.
The proper value of a Samuel Merritt University education lies with the experiences our students have and the opportunities they have upon graduation.
Samuel Merritt University is committed to providing students with:
* Cutting-edge technology
* Small class sizes
* Extremely qualified faculty and staff
* Excellent clinical experiences
Samuel Merritt University is dedicated to educating highly skilled, knowledgeable health care professionals who will contribute quality heath care to all individuals in a wide variety of settings.
We look forward meeting with you and answering any questions you may have in regards to financial aid.