University description (as per official university website)
Pasadena City College is a community college located in Pasadena, California. It is the third largest community college campus in the United States. PPC was established in 1924 as Pasadena Junior College. Later it merged with John Muir College to become Pasadena City College.
PPC offers a wide variety of degrees and certificates in diverse areas of study. The different departments at PPC are:
* Business and Computer Technology
* Community Education Center
* Engineering and Technology
* Health Sciences
* Library Sciences
* Natural Sciences
* Performing and Communication Arts
* Physical Education
* Social Sciences
* Visual Arts and Media Studies
Mission and Values
The mission of Pasadena City College is successful student learning. The College provides high-quality, academically rigorous instruction in a comprehensive transfer and vocational curriculum, as well as learning activities designed to improve the economic condition and quality of life of the diverse communities within the College service area.
At Pasadena City College we serve our students by:
* Offering courses and programs which reflect academic excellence and professional integrity,
* Challenging them to participate fully in the learning process by encouraging them to be responsible for their own academic success,
* Fostering a creative learning environment that is technologically challenging and intellectually and culturally stimulating,
* Recognizing them as individuals who may require diverse and flexible learning opportunities, and
* Encouraging and supporting continuous learning and professional development in those who serve our students: faculty, staff, and managers.
Institutional Core Values
As an institution committed to successful student learning in an environment of intellectual freedom, Pasadena City College is guided by the following essential, enduring and shared values:
A Passion for Learning
We recognize that each one of us will always be a member of the community of learners.
A Commitment to Integrity
We recognize that ethical behavior is a personal, institutional and societal responsibility.
An Appreciation for Diversity
We recognize that a diverse community of learners enriches our educational environment.
A Respect for Collegiality
We recognize that it takes the talents, skills and efforts of the entire campus community, as well as the participation of the broader community, to support our students in their pursuit of learning.
A Recognition of Our Heritage of Excellence
We recognize that we draw upon the college’s rich tradition of excellence and innovation in upholding the highest standard of quality for the services we provide to our students and community.