University description (as per official university website)
* Externships provide experience and networking opportunities
* Hands-on training is emphasized
* Employers invited for on-campus job interviews
* Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology
About the School
National Career Education provides career training diploma programs in various medical fields. The school offers training for entry-level through advanced positions. The school reports that it continually monitors labor market trends in order to provide updated programs. In addition, all the programs include an externship. National Career Education is a branch campus of the Institute for Business & Technology.
Program areas include:
* Medical Assistant – Offers thorough training in basic laboratory procedures, assisting doctors in examinations and working with electrocardiograms. Training in administrative duties is also provided in the curriculum. In addition, students are prepared to take a certified medical assistant examination.
* Pharmacy Technician – Offers a blend of hands-on training and theory. Enrollees are trained to work in a variety of pharmacy settings. Graduates are eligible to sit for the Pharmacy Technician test.
* Optical/Optometric Assistant Program – Students learn to test patients for depth perception, visual acuity and color blindness. Students are also trained in using optical instruments and lens-edging machines fitting techniques for contact lenses and spectacles is also included.
* Lab Assistant, EKG Technician/Phlebotomist – Offers an essential foundation in numerous laboratory procedures. The program also includes CPR certification.
Accreditation and Licensure
National Career Education in Rancho Cordova was granted a license to operate under the former Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education Reform Act of 1989, by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary and Vocational Education (BPPVE). The BPPVE became inoperative on July 1, 2007, and the act was repealed on January 1, 2008. The school continues to operate under a voluntary agreement with the Department of Consumer Affairs, and remains in compliance with the minimum state standards required by the former Act.
On October 11, 2009, governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed Assembly Bill 48 into law, also known as the Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009. The bill establishes the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education within the Department of Consumer Affairs as a successor agency to the former bureau. The new agency becomes active on January 1, 2010.
National Career Education is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) as a branch location of Institute for Business and Technology, Santa Clara, California.
Guidance and Advising
Financial assistance is available for those who qualify. The college provides individualized assistance in applying for various sources of financial aid. Please contact the college for further information on these various programs and their related eligibility requirements.