University description (as per official university website)
Mission & Vision Statements
Students are our focus and we are known by their success.
Students are our focus at Merced College. We set high standards to encourage students to reach their potential in a nurturing environment. Merced College is a leader in innovative instruction and cultural activities. We value and respect all members of our community and diversity is a strength of our institution. We are known by the success of our students..
Core Values and Beliefs
1. Students, both current and potential, are the focus of Merced College.
2. Merced College establishes high standards and provides a challenging education to encourage students to reach their highest potential.
3. Merced College respects and values all members of its community.
4. Merced College serves the community by responding to the cultural, educational, technological, and economic development challenges.
5. Fostering and maintaining diversity is a strength of the institution.
6. Merced College provides a nurturing and joyful environmen
Types of Financial Aid at Merced College
There are several types of financial aid available to students at Merced College. Our financial aid awards include federal and state grants, state fee waivers, work-study jobs, and scholarships. We do not currently participate in the federal student loan program so students completing their studies at Merced College do not finish here with a student loan debt.
You can receive multiple forms of financial aid. Many of our students receive an award which is a combination of several forms of financial aid.
You do not need to be a full-time student to receive financial aid. Your award can be prorated for three quarter-time (9 to 11 units), or half-time (6 to 8 units). At less than half-time you may or may not receive an award. It depends on your EFC or Expected Family Contribution.