University description (as per official university website)
Provide our students and community with high-quality technical and professional educational options that flexibly meet their life-long career development and academic goals; foster a climate of life-long learning; prepare our students to participate effectively in our democratic society; and generate economic development with our educational, governmental, community and business partners.
The most current demographic information can be found on the website of the Office of Research & Planning* at Los Angeles Trade-Technical College. Nearly half of all Trade-Tech students work more than 30 hours per week an approximately this same percentage indicate that they are attending the college for job preparation.
Where the school stands out most compared to other schools (details below):
* Many students concentrating in family and social work, production trades, mechanics and repair, engineering technician, office and administration, cooking and culinary arts, beauty and cosmetology, design, and construction trades.
* Affordable tuition & fees.
* Large number of students.
* Large number of programs of study offered.
* Racially diverse student body.
* Many mature (40+ year old) students.
* High faculty salary.
* High male/female ratio.
Other important characteristics:
* Open admission; accepts all qualified candidates
* Faculty tenure system
* Library on-campus
* Study abroad option
* Distance learning available
* Weekend study option
* Part-time classes available
Student enrollment was 13,194 in 2007-2008 (8,964 full-time equivalent).
Undergrads are 100% of enrolled students.
Students living in the US make up 100% of incoming freshmen.