University description (as per official university website)
The Academy is a creative and supportive community where passionate individuals can immerse themselves in the hands-on development of their personal talent so that they can learn the skills and gain the confidence necessary to make an immediate and meaningful contribution to the creative workplace. The Academy provides educational programs that are structured to prepare students for professional opportunities and career success in select design fields.
To accomplish this mission, the Academy is dedicated to:
* Fostering academic excellence
* Providing theoretical and practical training
* Employing qualified faculty who offer students personalized attention and professional expertise
* Featuring industry-standard curricula and technologies
* Providing staff who uphold high standards of service
* Cultivating an environment that celebrates creativity and diversity
The International Academy of Design & Technology, through its faculty, administration, facilities, and support services, shall diligently work to fulfill the stated purposes and goals of the institution.
Many Academy students are pleasantly surprised to discover that they qualify for some form of financial aid that can help them pay for their education. Our knowledgeable Financial Aid staff is available to assist you through the financial aid process and to help you receive the maximum financial aid for which you qualify.
Federal grants are awarded based on financial need and do not have to be repaid.
* Federal Pell Grant
* Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
* FSAG (Florida Student Assistance Grant)*
* Academic Competitiveness Grant
* National Science and Mathematics Access to Retain Talent (SMART) Grant
*Only available to Florida residents.
Some loans have different criteria and requirements and must be repaid after graduation or if you drop below half-time enrollment. Private loans are offered by various lending institutions as alternative loans to help cover the gap between the cost of education and the amount of federal aid offered.
* Federal Stafford Loan Programs
* Federal Parent Loan Program for Undergraduate Students (PLUS)
* Private loans
The International Academy of Design & Technology offers in excess of $250,000 annually in tuition scholarship awards to encourage the pursuit of higher education. Applicants must submit a separate application form for each scholarship for which they wish to apply. Application deadline dates are subject to change and will be published in an addendum to the catalog. Scholarship applications for all scholarships are available from the Financial Aid Office at the Academy. Withdrawal from the Academy nullifies any unused scholarship funds. Scholarship recipients must maintain at least half-time status. All funds will be applied to tuition; at no time will funds be paid in cash.