University description (as per official university website)
Foothill College, also referred to as FC, is a coeducational, community college located in Los Altos Hills, California, United States. It was established on January 15, 1957 as Foothill Junior College. The "Junior" was later dropped under protest from the founder, Dr. Calvin C. Flint, and it was given its present moniker.
The athletic teams are called the Foothill Owls. The official mascot is an Owl. The college sponsors various sports programs including water polo, basketball, football, soccer, volleyball, softball, tennis, and golf.
Notable alumni of the college include Brad Gilbert, All American tennis player and coach to Andre Agassi; Debbi Fields, founder of Mrs. Fields Cookies; and Jon Nakamatsu, famous Japanese-American pianist.
Financial Aid Eligibility
To qualify for student financial aid programs, you must meet the following criteria and submit all related application documents:
* You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen;
* You must have a valid Social Security Number;
* You must demonstrate financial need.
* You must possess a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate. If you do not possess a high school diploma or GED, you may establish the Title IV eligibility requirements by demonstrating the ability to benefit from an approved test that is administered by the Foothill College Assessment Office. You must achieve a passing score on this test as specified by the California Department of Education.
* You must enroll or be accepted for enrollment in an approved course of study for two or more academic quarters. Your course of study must lead to a Certificate of Completion, Associate in Arts Degree, Associate in Science Degree or university transfer for a bachelorís degree;
* You must maintain satisfactory academic progress in your course of study; and
* You must register with the Selective Service, if required.